Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Notices

Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Lifted

Default Safety Inspection

First Time at Cruise Moab - Safety Inspection Question
I was reviewing the schedules and it appears that safety inspections are on Wednesday. My current plan was to not be in Moab till Wed night (I am working wed), will I be able to get a safety inspection on Thursday Morning so that I can particpate in a trail run that day? Or how does this work?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Rising Sun member

There are safety inspections every morning IIRC, I think it's just scheduled for Wednesday to get MOST people through so people aren't late to the trail on Thursday morning.
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Lifted

Thanks - I missed the "Participant Information Form" the last time I was looking through the info, it looks like their are inspections from 7-8am on Thur guess I better get over there early.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Rising Sun Member

Matt: this is proably a repeat type of question regarding the safety inspections for the
up-coming Moab trip. my spouse cannot get any extra time off work until thrus. of that
week, which will be May 1st, that is the day we have planned on driving to Moab. Will
there be any late veh inspections that day? Or do we wait until Friday morning the 2nd?
I havent been to a club mtg the last few mo's due to lingering health problems,so any
info. would be helpful,thxs!
Old 03-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

I believe the inspections stop at something like 5:00 or 6:00... unless some hardcore inspectors are talked into doing an inspection....
There are vehicle inspections EARLY thurs, Fri, and Sat morning..... Before the trail runs.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Rising Sun Member

Rock Dog: thxs for info,makes things a little easier about what time we get to Moab!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dog View Post
I believe the inspections stop at something like 5:00 or 6:00... unless some hardcore inspectors are talked into doing an inspection....
There are vehicle inspections EARLY thurs, Fri, and Sat morning..... Before the trail runs.
Just keep in mind that in addition to the tech inspection you also have to pick up your registration materials etc. at the check in booth. Last year the whole process ran like a well oiled machine

IIRC you need to get the vehicle inspection done first and then take the inspection form over to the registration area to get your goodies
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater