Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 03-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Hard Core 4+

If we leave our trailers there how long would it take to drive back there after the trip is done? Thinking maybe of dropping the tow rig off somewhere near S. lake Tahoe and driving back to Robbs.

Anybody have an idea where a good place would be to drop of the tow rig in SLT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 03-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Hard Core 4+

I just reserved a cabin at Robb's resort for Tuesday the 17th of June. I spoke to Debbie there and it sounds like a great place to stay. They accept dogs and have a small general store and a restaurant.

We may be able to offer a room for somebody to stay, depends on the wife

If you decide to stay there tell them you are with the RS and they will try to put everyone together.

According to Debbie they are 7 miles from the trail head.

Quote:

TLCA #6136

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

So I just booked the last Cabin at the same place Tom is staying.

The also have a Bunk House. One room with two bunks for $50 total or another room with 4 bunks for $60. So you can sleep in a bed and walk down the hall to shower for $15 to $25 a person before you spend a week out in the wild. She didn't have a lot of space left so I would call Debbie at the link below

http://www.dorobbs.com/lodging.html
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Rising Sun Member

And there is a Restaurant and bar there

Also the nice thing about reserving now is you have a place and she said you could cancel the night before with no penalty.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Hard Core 4+

Debbie is pretty nice, I spend some time talking to her. The restaurant and bar do make for a nice bonus

Now I am looking for a place to stay after the trip Sunday night, want to stay in South Lake Tahoe since that will be at the end of the trail pretty much.

I spoke to Tony and he said UB and he were trying to set up a place for all of us to store our tow rigs. That would be far better than storing at Robb's and driving all the way back to the beginning.

Quote:

TLCA #6136

Old 03-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
So I just booked the last Cabin at the same place Tom is staying.

The also have a Bunk House. One room with two bunks for $50 total or another room with 4 bunks for $60. So you can sleep in a bed and walk down the hall to shower for $15 to $25 a person before you spend a week out in the wild. She didn't have a lot of space left so I would call Debbie at the link below

http://www.dorobbs.com/lodging.html

It say the cabins have a "sleeping loft" as well - cot and sleeping bag and I'm set

Anyone up for going in with a few of us on a RV rental if they have any left available? Looks to be about $35-$40 per person....
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 03-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
It say the cabins have a "sleeping loft" as well - cot and sleeping bag and I'm set

Sorry Jeff, the nakman party of 3 has that space booked

based on the map, looks like we roll out of bed and we are there in a few minutes at the beginning of Loon Lake.

On Sunday night, I figure I will be far away from the area and stop when we are tired, or swap drivers and push through. Tim and I drove to Flat Nasty just changing drivers.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 03-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:

Anyone up for going in with a few of us on a RV rental if they have any left available? Looks to be about $35-$40 per person....
I'd go in for a shared RV spot. :-)

I need this much space:

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
Old 03-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Sorry Jeff, the nakman party of 3 has that space booked

based on the map, looks like we roll out of bed and we are there in a few minutes at the beginning of Loon Lake.

On Sunday night, I figure I will be far away from the area and stop when we are tired, or swap drivers and push through. Tim and I drove to Flat Nasty just changing drivers.
yeah I signed up to help pay for the room Tuesday night, not sure where everyone's going to sleep and not really worried about it.. heck I'll probably be too excited to sleep anyway. But come Wednesday morning, figure once Rachel gets her shower in the rest of the boys can all line up and use up the rest of the hot water.

I'm not going to think too much about Sunday night until Sunday... but the last time I drove Ken's truck I got pulled over, so probably won't be doing that again

www.gamiviti.com

Old 03-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:

I'm going to get a Bunk House room, if anyone wants to go in with me, let me know.