Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 04-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

I am looking for a 45 or 60, anything bigger than that and my 4Runner is doing wheelies The longest time that I would need the fridge for is about 5-6 days. Besides that it would be for 3-5 day camping trips.

I would like to get one before Moab, CM that is, but if not I can wait a little longer. I am thinking of calling Christo tomorrow as I am only going to be at the meeting for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 04-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Hard Core 4+

I went with the Waeco from here http://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/CF-50.htm Same dollars as an Engel and more space also got great reviews in Overland Journal
71 FJ40 project
TLCA 13269
KØVRT

" Leave the chrome at home " - Uncle Ben - Rubithon 2008
Old 04-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Hard Core 4+

We have used the arb 42qt for many adventures for the family(and years). We once even worked two families on our fridge for 7 days. The other family used ice for the non frozen stuff and we had the frozen stuff for 2/3 fridge and other stuff on top. As the days went along we just shifted stuff over to the fridge as the ice melted. I know the B&B Miller bought the big fridge(60qt) it does take a direct connection to a big amp feed if you are thinking of going that direction(almost needs to go direct to the 2nd battery).

The waeco may of gotten a good review, but when I went on training with Scott, it would only work on 110v, it seems like something internal went south. Not to say this will happen, the weaco has some nice features and I am sure you will enjoy it Dan.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig View Post
We have used the arb 42qt for many adventures for the family(and years). We once even worked two families on our fridge for 7 days. The other family used ice for the non frozen stuff and we had the frozen stuff for 2/3 fridge and other stuff on top. As the days went along we just shifted stuff over to the fridge as the ice melted. I know the B&B Miller bought the big fridge(60qt) it does take a direct connection to a big amp feed if you are thinking of going that direction(almost needs to go direct to the 2nd battery).

The waeco may of gotten a good review, but when I went on training with Scott, it would only work on 110v, it seems like something internal went south. Not to say this will happen, the weaco has some nice features and I am sure you will enjoy it Dan.
The Waeco ended up a close second to the National Luna for Overland Journals fridge comparison. Though they had good things to say about all them. A good read if your in the market for a fridge

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 04-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
Group buy through Christo? I'm not really in the market for a fridge yet but heck, if we can save enough to make it worth while to buy now rather than in the future

What is the most common size fridge to get
Jeff, check the member's only area.. I did then on my way home said fuggit, called and ordered the Engel 45, which is the most common size. there'll be ice cream sandwiches on wipeout hill this year..

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default BTTT and duplicated in the Rubi thread

OK,
We created a new sub forum for this trip. Here is the list right now. Please post up any corrections on this list and it will get moved to the new home. If there is a question mark by your name I am not clear on your intentions. The time is here to quit chatting and start getting organized! Use this thread for Rubithon chat and what-if's but lets keep the new thread clean and factual!

Registration has begun! You can, however, register late, clear up to June 1.
OK....I skimmed back and this looks like the list....please correct or update!
Bold print is confirmed information

1.Timm B. - 40!
2.Matt F & Jeff z. - 80 w/fridge
3.Tim N. + Kevin K.+1(?) - 80 OBA,RTT?
4.Dan R. - 80 OBA, fridge, shower, toilet
5.Kevin + Terry - 80 w/fridge, shower, toilet, Terry-Bike Registration sent!
6.Quiggles - 4rnnr
7.Tom R. +1 - mini w/OBA
8.Wes - 70 fridge, TURBO!
9. Mike W.+1 - FZJ80
10. Chris H. - 40 w/fridge?, toilet
11. Ken R. + Rachel - 80 fridge, shower, toilet
12. Dave & Kirsten - mini
13. Loren- FJ-40 registration sent
14. Treeroot - 40w?
Bruce L.- Fly in & ride
Matt M. - rider

?. Gary CW - FZJ-45
? Dan Busey - 80
? Christo - 190
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 04-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Rising Sun Member

I think Mike should bring his 80 so he can light up our campsite with all the LED's
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper