Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Wincher

Default Costa Rican Cruisers

Here's a shot of the Prado we rented in CR. It was so much fun to drive. It had the normally-aspirated diesel and 5-speed manual. It hauled the 6 of us and all our stuff around the country while gingerly sipping fuel. We got to do a little bit of mud and some stream crossings...it was great! I think grandma's finger marks might still be in those headrests though.

Here it is parked next to an old 70-series at Manuel Antonio National Park. This must have been after someone stole the license plate. We just took the front plate off and put it in the back and noone seemed to notice. There was a tidal water crossing to get into the park. There were little boats there waiting to take people across but I thought it'd be fun to wade. It wasn't 'till later that I saw the signs warning about crocodiles.

They use those 70-series Cruisers for everything there...from taxis to electric company trucks police trucks, beer delivery trucks, and everything else imaginable.

Name:  Im000601.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  Im000539.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  67.4 KB

Pura Vida,

Eric
Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Looks really nice! Just seems odd they don't sell it here.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Wincher

I think it's the same body as the Lexus GX-470 here. It'd just be nice to have the extra engine/tranny choices in the more spartan trim of the Prado. They have it with a turbo-diesel there as well as the regularly-aspirated one.

Hey Matt....I heard you on 145.145 a little last night. My mic fright was getting in the way again though and it got to be about time to put the puppy to bed. That's a cool callsign...congrats. Maybe I'll try next week.

Eric/KG0YS
Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Trail Ready

I have vacationed there twice and lived there for a summer abroad. Man did I see some nice cruisers. We rented a prado before I knew what it was, and that thing was awesome. Pura Vida!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Wincher

Wow--you spent a lot more time there than we did. We were only there 2 weeks. I miss it a lot. I was hoping to find a picture of one of those Landcruiser Imperial beer trucks but I haven't been able to. I like the multitude of diesel Hilux trucks there too.

I like your FJ-62. It brings back memories of high school. The drummer I was playing with had a stock, two-tone blue FJ-62 that somehow managed to fit his every-expanding set of toms and cymbals in the back.

I really like the roof-top tent. For a while I was trying to figure out how to fit a Wildernest or Flip-Pac tent topper on the 4Runner. I towed a tiny tent trailer for a while but I just wasn't using it enough. Now I'm back to regular tents.

Eric