Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 04-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
Excellent - now the only question is, what happened to the stock 76 regulator and it's wiring? Hopefully the wiring will be easy to find and identify. If not it'll have to be replaced (duh!).
i'm pretty sure i found it on the right fender. had to work late so i couldn't check it out last night. there's white and black there going to ground and noise suppressor/capacitor/whatever thingy, black and yellow which also matches oem schematics for volt reg., and a black connector, that's the one that's screwing me up. schematic shows white/green. the white/black and white/green make it at least from left over to the battery on the right. i'll know the rest of the story tomorrow.
ige tlca #1431
Old 04-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearlemon View Post
i'm pretty sure i found it on the right fender. had to work late so i couldn't check it out last night. there's white and black there going to ground and noise suppressor/capacitor/whatever thingy, black and yellow which also matches oem schematics for volt reg., and a black connector, that's the one that's screwing me up. schematic shows white/green. the white/black and white/green make it at least from left over to the battery on the right. i'll know the rest of the story tomorrow.
Cool. I don't know pig wire routing hardly at all, having never owned one. As I'm sure you know, on 40s the regulator goes under the brake booster.

Here's something you'll have to deal with: Obviously, some PO or other (don't we all H8 POs?) connected the wiring from the alternator directly to the rest of the system, instead of going through the regulator. You'll have to locate where the connection was made, disconnect it and re-route and reconnect it the way it was supposed to be. Clear as mud?

While the schematics in the manual is super-helpful, they don't tell jack about routing.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 04-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Hard Core 4+

got the electrical figured out. think the clutch is figured out. down to tie downs, mounting the air tank, making new cargo panels and packing (hopefully that's all).

speaking of packing, i'm off to pack the 80...headed to montrose for the state meeting for the weekend. have a good one.
ige tlca #1431
Old 04-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearlemon View Post
got the electrical figured out. think the clutch is figured out. down to tie downs, mounting the air tank, making new cargo panels and packing (hopefully that's all).

speaking of packing, i'm off to pack the 80...headed to montrose for the state meeting for the weekend. have a good one.
Ige you never cease to amaze me . You got that all done compared to what I've managed which was getting just one rotor/hub off the LX last night, and that was the size where the hub bolts and cone washers were already loose

Have safe, and fun, trip over to Montrose
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater