Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 05-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Run Schedule

I was checking out my tent today. I think it will do just fine.

Dumb question. The event is 4 days and we start on the first one and come out on the last. Do we set up camp somewhere and stay put for a day or two or do we move every day?

Old 05-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I'm fairly certain we set up and hang there for three nights. We go in Wednesday, camp somewhere along the trail (Buck Island?), get to Rubicon Springs the next day then set up camp for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Do you have your March/April 2006 Toyota Trails handy? nice article in there from the Norcal guys.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
I'm fairly certain we set up and hang there for three nights. We go in Wednesday, camp somewhere along the trail (Buck Island?), get to Rubicon Springs the next day then set up camp for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Do you have your March/April 2006 Toyota Trails handy? nice article in there from the Norcal guys.
You are correct Sir Nak! We will also have the benefit for being one of the first groups into the Springs so we can lay claim on a great site for the whole group and create RS City. Be sure to bring entertainment as we will have lots of "play" time!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Feel free to add to the entertainment list..

-RavenTia temp mod
-Auto-up window mod
-D light
-Landtank MAF

that fancy inverter of yours will power a soldering iron, right? Anyone want to do their recliner hinges?

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Feel free to add to the entertainment list..

-RavenTia temp mod
-Auto-up window mod
-D light
-Landtank MAF

that fancy inverter of yours will power a soldering iron, right? Anyone want to do their recliner hinges?
Yup! And a Expresso machine.....real blender....drills....4.5" grinder.....buffer...TV's.....projectors....small vacuum cleaners...small microwaves....etc... It will not power a hair dryer, heat gun, large vacuum, 7" grinder, circular saw, ????

DAMHIK!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
So, we just "hang" and catch rays for three days? Sweet. I can work on my tan. (Where do you get a decent power inverter again? Hmmm, Margaritas in the blender...)

Old 05-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

I had a long dinner on Saturday night in Moab sitting next to Bob Brown. He mentioned that the camping up the trail is pretty awesome, and suggested we might want to camp along the trail on Thursday night too, and then roll into Rubicon Springs Friday morning. Just a thought -- I'll go where ever the group goes.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
So, we just "hang" and catch rays for three days? Sweet. I can work on my tan. (Where do you get a decent power inverter again? Hmmm, Margaritas in the blender...)
RV/Camper places. The cheapo ones you get everywhere are not what they claim! Modified sine wave is good....sine wave is better!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

They have a nice blender set up at Costco for $48.99 Can be run 12V or 110. Wanted to get it but got shot down.

I thought we were camping in different spots each night. If I understand this correctly we camp in spot one the first night, Wednesday night, and then move onto the next spot, Thursday-Saturday night, and drive out Sunday. If this is the case I may change up my thoughts on the RTT. If we are indeed camping in one area i can bring our big tent and leave it set up.

Please let me know because I am about to cut up a really nice ladder rack that I may just sell now instead and use the cash for other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Tom you got it right, that's my understanding as well. We're going to do the big tent thing as well, which is nice when you can leave it set up for a couple days. But if we decide to camp somewhere on the trail on Thursday night I'll just roll with it, either way I'm wheeling & camping with my friends so there really is no downside.

Hey Chris, if you want to do the air-powered blender instead I can easily power that- I've been chasing leaks and am down under 10psi/hour in pressure loss now, with about 6 gallons of storage. In fact, maybe Green Machine would loan us his.. I'm not much into blender drinks personally, lately it's just cold beer in a can and the whiskey neat... but I'm sure I could find a way to enjoy a frozen marg if one made its way into my hand

www.gamiviti.com