Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 05-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I could do Friday. or weekends. Still willing to host, or whatever.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
Who has showers? I figure toilets aren't to much of a problem.
Toilets shouldn't be an issue...I believe I read the requirement is 1 toilet is required per vehicle? Not sure how hard they police that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
But it would be cool to have a complete knuckle with us.
I have a near complete inventory of 80 series radiator and other cooling system hoses that looked in perfectly fine shape when removed - bring them?

On the knuckle, I might have a DS helicoiled knuckle that could be brought along by then...Yay or nay?
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 05-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

I have tried to keep the list of attendees pretty updated with equipment. We need to chat about camping, cooking, and who will be the dedicated freezers.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
I have tried to keep the list of attendees pretty updated with equipment. We need to chat about camping, cooking, and who will be the dedicated freezers.
That is the ticket, I just decided not to use the RTT since we are camped in one area for three days. By doing this I will have room on the top of the truck for my stuff and am totally relieved . I was starting to stress as to how to store everything in and on my rig without breaking leave springs.

Maybe we should see how many large,2-3 burner, camping stoves we have in the group to start with. Should we start a new "Camping Supply" tread and decide from that who brings what?

This of course in no way negates the in person meeting as drinking with friends is much better than by yourself

I guess a vote can be had, I will put one out since I started this meeting mess. Got to wait till later, I am going home now!!! See ya later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
Toilets shouldn't be an issue...I believe I read the requirement is 1 toilet is required per vehicle? Not sure how hard they police that though.

I have a near complete inventory of 80 series radiator and other cooling system hoses that looked in perfectly fine shape when removed - bring them?

On the knuckle, I might have a DS helicoiled knuckle that could be brought along by then...Yay or nay?
On the toilet issue, I do not have a PETT toilet and I really rather not spend the money to buy something that I probably won't use again. Are there alternatives? Does anyone have a spare tha I could borrow?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncrsr View Post
On the toilet issue, I do not have a PETT toilet and I really rather not spend the money to buy something that I probably won't use again. Are there alternatives? Does anyone have a spare tha I could borrow?
It is required to have one via the rules. How nice (read expensive) of one you have directly relates to how your willing to haul the waste with you!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
We're in the same boat, so our solution will be to rig up something functional and cheap. Think boaters and groovers... Probably something like an old 5 gallon bucket modified with a cheap-o toilet seat. The true dirt bag way is heavy duty 3 mil trash bags and kitty litter, but since we won't have a roof rack to stash the toxic sludge, we'll probably splurge on Wag Bags and PETT chemical powder. Hoping to stay in the range of $25 for the whole thing, since we only really need to use for 4 days.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
http://www.outbacktoilets.com/

IIRC this is where I purchased my PETT toilet from last year. There are various options out there though from what Dave suggested to the cardboard toilets to the bucket with a lid etc.

The PETT toilet is nice but make no mistake it is NOT something you'd plan to use everyday. It is plastic and lets just say you wouldn't want to plan on sitting on it for a long time. I'm not sure what the weight rating is on it but it isn't the sturdiest of toilets. I bought it for the and kids to use during CM events and it has been great for that. Not sure how well it will hold up to the Rubithon trip .

Of course with the toilet you need the WAG bags which aren't real cheap either...Anyone have a good source for inexpensive WAG bags??
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 05-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
http://www.outbacktoilets.com/

IIRC this is where I purchased my PETT toilet from last year. There are various options out there though from what Dave suggested to the cardboard toilets to the bucket with a lid etc.

The PETT toilet is nice but make no mistake it is NOT something you'd plan to use everyday. It is plastic and lets just say you wouldn't want to plan on sitting on it for a long time. I'm not sure what the weight rating is on it but it isn't the sturdiest of toilets. I bought it for the and kids to use during CM events and it has been great for that. Not sure how well it will hold up to the Rubithon trip .

Of course with the toilet you need the WAG bags which aren't real cheap either...Anyone have a good source for inexpensive WAG bags??
How much are you paying now?

Jacque and boys are awesome and often cheaper than most!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Hard Core 4+

I went to the army surplus store and got a fishing type chair with a toilet seat (sort of) on it for $11.99 and a Wag bag. We tried it out, not really, and it works fine. The Wag bags are the best and easiest in my opinion before and after use.

Once used you can use a big Ziploc bag and keep them in there. As far as storing that bag???? I am planning on installing a 6-8" wide tube about 20-28"s long under my truck with caps on the end, no smell, no leaks and all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me