Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

View Poll Results: Best date for Rubithon planning meeting
Friday May 16th PM 4 44.44%
Saturday May 17th AM 2 22.22%
Monday May 19th PM 3 33.33%
Tuesday May 20th PM 5 55.56%
Tuesday May 27th PM 5 55.56%
Friday May 30th PM 5 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thumbs up Rubithon planning meeting Vote best for date

Several people can not make it so we are doing it online only. Kevin/UB has a post started that should be the "Official" Rubithon tread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me

Last edited by RockRunner; 05-22-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Meeting canceled
Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Rising Sun Member

Before I vote, what are we doing at this planning meeting. I am trying to figure out how long it will be. What we are going to do there we aren't doing here and if Beer is involved, thats enough for me

Sorry, the manager in me hates to have a meeting without a stated objective of what we want the outcome to be. Otherwise we could talk for a couple of hours without getting what we need done.
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Ken, we're just going to drink beer and talk about the Rubithon, geez... just like every other night except face to face instead of on the computer.

Agenda (please add to it as necessary)

1. Food
-What do you all want to do for dinner on Monday night? How about Tuesday morning? great. We can eat lunch then get groceries in Reno on Tuesday, and plan the rest of the week's meals over beers on Monday night. There will also be lots of time in Reno on Tuesday for shopping.

So for Monday night, I vote for the big meal action while camping, how about fajitas?

2. Parts:
-Exactly how many of what vehicle types are going? (make a list)
-Brainstorm what spare parts do we need to collectively bring, based on what vehicles are going? (make a list, also some on the forum here)
-Review each item on the list, and initial who has one and will bring it, who has one but prefers someone else bring it, and who's willing to buy/borrow one and then bring it. Do this for every item. Some of this is here on the forum, not all of it.

3. Tools:
-Aside from the basics, what tools do we collectively need? (drills, grinders, SST's..)
-review list, then identify by each item who has it and will bring it, who has it and wants someone else to bring it, and who's willing to buy/borrow one and then bring it. Do this for every item.

4. Fluids (for vehicle use only)
-How much of what fluids should we collectively have? (ATF, oil, gear oil, grease, water, etc.)
-based on above, who has and will bring what quantity of what, and who will purchase and bring what's missing?

5. Camping stuff:
-How many types of cooking doodads do we collectively need as a group? (burner stoves, grills, blenders, green cans of gas, etc.)
-Who will bring what, and what needs to be purchased and who will do that?
-Remember Rising Sun needs to represent on Friday and Saturday nights.. do we want to do a big canopy? (bunch of tarps?) projector? laser show? Anyone know how to play a banjo?

6. Recovery gear:
-What stuff should everyone have in their truck (one strap, hi lift, bottle jack, first aid kit, etc.)
-What additional stuff should we collectively bring as a group? (snatch blocks, hi-lift accessories, shovels, saws...)
-Who will bring, buy, or borrow anything missing from above?

7. Health & Safety stuff:
-Anyone have any special needs or allergies or anything the group should know? Anyone an herbivore? for example if Gavin was going I'd tell you all he was allergic to peanuts and peanut butter..
-Anyone besides Chris a Master Resuscitator?

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Anyone know how to play a banjo?
I could bring my trombone.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Hard Core 4+

Ken, just as Tim listed and of course there will be beer.

7. Health & Safety stuff:
-Anyone have any special needs or allergies or anything the group should know? Anyone an herbivore? for example if Gavin was going I'd tell you all he was allergic to peanuts and peanut butter..
-Anyone besides Chris a Master Resuscitator?

I have Red Cross plus some minor EMT training. I will also have some very strong, VERY strong, pain killer with me including some Naprocen.

The biggest reason for this meeting, besides drinking beer, is to figure out the camping items. We do not need 15 stoves and big skillets. In addition we do not need to carry 15 canopies or tables etc. If we can consolidate some of these items we may be able to bring more BEER and BOOZE.

So with an agenda set, thanks Tim, when do we want to meet.

Quote:

TLCA #6136

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
. If we can consolidate some of these items we may be able to bring more BEER and BOOZE.

Makes sense to me
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Hard Core 4+

This weekend is not good at the moment, so I voted for anytime after. Set a date and I will do all I can to make it work.

My Red Cross CPR cert expires this month, but I've been through CPR now half a dozen times and so it should be fairly instinctive. I also have WFA (wilderness first aid), which is valid for another year or two I think. I am far from a first responder, though.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 05-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

I got to resuscitate a drowning guy in Costa Rica last month. Does that count?

As for the meeting, I'm flexible. Pick a date and I'll be there. A weekend would be better but I can do a weeknight too.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 05-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Makes sense to me
Thought you would like that BTW do you still have my beer on ice??? And no we did not make whoopie in your RTT

Quote:

TLCA #6136

Old 05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Hard Core 4+

So far we have a tie, 20th and the 27th. I would say this weekend is out so lets keep the voting open till Saturday 5/17 and whatever data is in the lead we take.

Quote:

TLCA #6136