Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Rock Stacker

Default New kid on the forum

First post on your forum.

I recognize many of the names from mud or por, I'm a colorado native living in CA thanks to the Air Force. Looks like I may be coming back to the springs (Academy) for my next assignment so I thought I'd tap into the cruiser community for some help with the relocation.

If any of you know the Springs area it would be great to ask some locals a few questions prior to starting the house hunt. (I grew up in Denver so the springs are an unknown entity at this time).

Anyway, PM me here on mud (drohweder) on POR (docroh) or email. I am really hoping we can come home so I can keep wheeling with other cruisers heads. The cruiser community in northern california has been amazing and I look forward to more of it in CO.

BTW, I'll definately be at Rubithon this year so if I'll be looking for the Rising Sun members.

Oh yes, my rigs are a work in progress, one gets wheeled hard and the other is a mall cruiser at this time...2 years till the wife gets a new SUV/Van and I go nutz on the 80
Old 03-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by drohweder
First post on your forum.

I recognize many of the names from mud or por, I'm a colorado native living in CA thanks to the Air Force. Looks like I may be coming back to the springs (Academy) for my next assignment so I thought I'd tap into the cruiser community for some help with the relocation.

If any of you know the Springs area it would be great to ask some locals a few questions prior to starting the house hunt. (I grew up in Denver so the springs are an unknown entity at this time).

Anyway, PM me here on mud (drohweder) on POR (docroh) or email. I am really hoping we can come home so I can keep wheeling with other cruisers heads. The cruiser community in northern california has been amazing and I look forward to more of it in CO.

BTW, I'll definately be at Rubithon this year so if I'll be looking for the Rising Sun members.

Oh yes, my rigs are a work in progress, one gets wheeled hard and the other is a mall cruiser at this time...2 years till the wife gets a new SUV/Van and I go nutz on the 80
Welcome to our forum! We do look forward to wheeling with you in the future! RS is based in Denver as you probably know. Colorado Land Cruisers is another TLCA club full of awesome folks and they are based in Colorado Springs. I have no doubt they will be a great resource for you in your relocation. Good luck and again, welcome! :fing:
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Trail Ready

I'm moving to the springs this summer as well. I've already been communicating with some of the folks on the ih8mud board as well. Cant help you on any of the housing stuff, I'm in the same boat.
http://www.coloradolandcruisers.org

86 4runner
Old 03-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Rising Sun Member

I suggest the north side of the springs were housing is booming, even 10-15 miles north. Yoiu can also find places around there with land. That will make it more convienant if you need to go to castle rock or Denver and still be close into the springs.
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 03-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

I agree with Romer after having spent 7 years on the Northwest side of the Springs and moving 20 minutes North to Monument last Fall.

Monument is the best of both worlds. We were able to build a semi-custom house on a wooded acre flag lot for less than living in South Denver or the North end of the Springs on a postage stamp. I am 30 minutes from Denver Tech Center and 20 to the North end of the Springs. It is a different climate here (I am at 7,400 ft), but that's what I personally love about it (a lot more snow, colder winters, much more moderate summers, those green things people from wetter climates will remember as trees).

We found that we spent a lot more time in Denver than in the Springs even when we lived there. Denver is close enough that the Springs is just about devoid of cultural resources. That is starting to change, but living in the Springs vs. Denver is still like going back in time 20 years or so (and that may be exactly what you are looking for, of course ).

The northeast side of the Springs has become its first true suburb. New hospital is being built, new schools, all new neighborhoods, with prices to match. A little slice of California right here at home

Nay
Old 03-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Trail Ready

The Springs has Dunkin' Donuts, which is really the only reason I can think of to go there specifically. Otherwise, COS is just a waypoint on the road to where I'm going...

Chris
'99 F350 CC, 7.3 PSD
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
TLCA #7412

Statistics show that 95% of all Jeeps ever built are still on the road. The other 5% made it home.