Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 05-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Jeff, looks like he got it installed. Good thing he wore his extra thick flame suit http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-te...-increase.html

:popcorn:

Good catch

I found this statement below rather, shall we say interesting? 17.9mpg?? He is giving Chili a run for his $$ on best hwy mpg figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Storm View Post
I did my "orange test" today which is where we test the exact hwy MPG to get a baseline for the at least 50% gain or money back claim. this has to be performed exactly as the instructions say in order to get the money back if you end up needing it.

Mileage with cruise set at 65mph was 17.9mpg
I cannot test city mpg with the kit for the improvement because I cannot recreate the exact scenario due to traffic lights ect.

So guaranteed I will hit 8.9mpg better which is 26.8... lets see if I can hit that but I am planning on much more. I am setting my GOAL at 35mpg highway
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

I did contact the company a while back and got a reply to my inqury. They only wanted people with mechanical repair back ground(which I qualify for). School is a bit costly at over a 1k if you go to the installer and tuner school. Cost for kits is close to 1k dollars, with the install at 4-6 hrs at what ever labor rate you want to charge. there is the plasma system they have not put on the market yet, but will soon(what they say). Any interesting stuff, with not a lot of real hard science behind it. But lots of info in different areas with similar ideas. When things slow down I will look into this more. later Robbie
Old 05-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calphi27 View Post
Same here I wish I was a master mechanic though.
That makes four of us - '96 Saab 9000. I'm in good company! I'm just the master of my dogs and I think they are only pretending to obey me.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
I found this statement below rather, shall we say interesting? 17.9mpg?? He is giving Chili a run for his $$ on best hwy mpg figures
Yabut, in the interest of full disclosure, that was not normal driving. I was following hypermiler techniques, which involves a lot of coasting (wherever possible) and VERY leisurely acceleration. Barely touching the accelerator.

My normal driving technique has definitely changed however.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Guys, since I couldn't be at the meeting tonight I wasted 30 minutes getting caught up on this thread. Permit me to paraphrase: lots more banter, more skepticism. Turns out he was using no correction for 35" tires and 4.88 gears, which as I definitely know yields higher than actual MPG. Also he was concerned that his O2 sensors were shot, but later learned he didn't know how to use his fancy scope thingy.

So now the truck is tuned, the O2 sensors verified, the consensus is "actual" MPG before was more like 15.. and supposedly he'll be posting up some good "after" numbers tonight. that said, you may now advance to page 5: http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-te...ncrease-5.html

www.gamiviti.com