Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

View Poll Results: Best date for Rubithon planning meeting
Friday May 16th PM 4 44.44%
Saturday May 17th AM 2 22.22%
Monday May 19th PM 3 33.33%
Tuesday May 20th PM 5 55.56%
Tuesday May 27th PM 5 55.56%
Friday May 30th PM 5 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

I haven't posted up because I feel a face to face is a waste of time. Everything we can get accomplished at a bar we could better accomplish by written documentation on the forum. The problem seems to be a few folks ask questions that have already been answered because either they don't search or too much chat in non chat commentary. What I feel we really need is a dry run/overnighter but our time is getting pretty thin before we go.

I am not available at all this weekend! As 13 grad parties to go to and putting on a huge one on Monday pretty much has committed my time.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
I haven't posted up because I feel a face to face is a waste of time. Everything we can get accomplished at a bar we could better accomplish by written documentation on the forum. The problem seems to be a few folks ask questions that have already been answered because either they don't search or too much chat in non chat commentary. What I feel we really need is a dry run/overnighter but our time is getting pretty thin before we go.

I am not available at all this weekend! As 13 grad parties to go to and putting on a huge one on Monday pretty much has committed my time.
I have a tendency to just ask away; not paying attention.

I think you had a good start in the list of people going and who had a fridge and a toilet. The only other thing was tents and sleeping arrangements. And a question I know I had that I'm not sure has been addressed is meal planning. Would it make sense to coordinate supplies in the various fridges/coolers? And dry goods? Will it save us money in the long run, or should we all just do our own thing? We talked about fuel, briefly.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

I admit I have asked some questions that may have been answered in another forum and or post. The reason I do that that is simple, I do not know all the people that post up an answer be it here or on Mud or ???

When I need to know something that the answer has to be correct or my decision depends on the information I get I want it to be from somebody I know and trust. You Kevin, are somebody I trust! If you tell me that I need to bring 20 gallons of fuel with me or otherwise I run out I would do so. You have been there before, you know what to expect within reason. As for the other people who have posted answers, most if not all I trust but there are some people who as they say only "Web Wheel" I don't always know who these people are so I ask somebody I know.

As far as getting together in person or online it really does not matter. I just thought since most people enjoy talking to everyone, N.S.B.C/S.S.D.C, that they would enjoy meeting for this too, with a semi real purpose even.

If we can continue the list you started online by meeting in person over a beer and finish it then or online again that would be great. If we can't and only a few show up then we continue online.

Doing a pre-run is a good idea, I know we are going to Moab this weekend and I will be trying some packing methods. A whole lot of stuff needs to go into a tiny little truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

The things to work out as I see it are spares and possibly tools. 4 different 80's don't need to carry spare axles. We decide how many spare axles/birfs for the group and drive shafts, etc.

Where me meet and leave from on Monday am, where we are staying Monday night. I think we already picked the town.

Cooking stuff, don't need 10 grills. If a few people have grills I can figure something else to bring

Food - the thought on Engels is if we need one as a freezer. For as long as we are gone, not sure we need a freezer except for ice for our drinks. If we don't need a freezer than we can do more of our own and then mayb chip in on Brats or steaks or something and split that up. I know they bring Ice in once your at Rubicon springs, for a fee.

Other supplies - Toilets. Someone mentioned sharing. Rachel made it very clear that we are not sharing.

Tents are not something we need to do in a big group, if someone has room, post up

what else?

I personally think it would be more efficient to work this stuff out here and then meet for beers on the 30th to well . . drink beer

These are jhust my thoughts here
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 05-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
The things to work out as I see it are spares and possibly tools. 4 different 80's don't need to carry spare axles. We decide how many spare axles/birfs for the group and drive shafts, etc.

Where me meet and leave from on Monday am, where we are staying Monday night. I think we already picked the town.

Cooking stuff, don't need 10 grills. If a few people have grills I can figure something else to bring

Food - the thought on Engels is if we need one as a freezer. For as long as we are gone, not sure we need a freezer except for ice for our drinks. If we don't need a freezer than we can do more of our own and then mayb chip in on Brats or steaks or something and split that up. I know they bring Ice in once your at Rubicon springs, for a fee.

Other supplies - Toilets. Someone mentioned sharing. Rachel made it very clear that we are not sharing.

Tents are not something we need to do in a big group, if someone has room, post up

what else?

I personally think it would be more efficient to work this stuff out here and then meet for beers on the 30th to well . . drink beer

These are jhust my thoughts here

Exactly! You mirror my thoughts exactly! Thats why I asked for a private Rubithon window for attendees way early in the game. I am much better organized visually than I am when I'm BS'ing with friends in a bar/resteraunt!
Right now with the hectic high school graduation party memorial weekend approaching quickly I really don't have any spare time until June!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Lifted

There are a couple of reasons why I would a prefer face to face. The first I guess is a little selfish in that I would like to get to know you all better prior to the trip. The second is that ideas can be exchanged much more quickly verbally than written. Having said that I agree with UB that I much rather have the actual data written down so that it's not misconstrued or forgotten.

I think that I can borrow a truck and trailer from a friend to tow my 40. My wife and three daughters will ride along with me to California but are not going on the trail with me I will thus have an open shotgun seat if anyone is in need of one. Our rig does not have a shower nor a fridge. I have a coleman ice chest and a three man backpacking tent that I can bring or an eight man castle if more room is needed for someone else to have a place to stay. I have a two burner coleman propane stove that I can bring if necessary. I also can bring elk steaks, elk burger and elk sausage if that would help with the food.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Hard Core 4+

OK, so we do it online!! I am good with that also.

Kevin you have a tread started already so let's make that the only one we use for parts/supplies etc.

Mods can delete this one if needed. I will edit the first post to reflect that.

Quote:

TLCA #6136

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Hard Core 4+

OK in several threads I'm seeing references to meeting on Friday but can't find the the post with a firm when and where
Old 05-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Hard Core 4+

Meeting has been canceled, more people can meet online easier. I will post up a new post.

Quote:

TLCA #6136

Old 05-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Mike, Breckenridge Brewery & BBQ on Kalamath and 6th, 6:00 pm?

www.gamiviti.com