Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 05-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
I went to the army surplus store and got a fishing type chair with a toilet seat (sort of) on it for $11.99 and a Wag bag. We tried it out, not really, and it works fine. The Wag bags are the best and easiest in my opinion before and after use.

Once used you can use a big Ziploc bag and keep them in there. As far as storing that bag???? I am planning on installing a 6-8" wide tube about 20-28"s long under my truck with caps on the end, no smell, no leaks and all is well.
Under....eh? That would be quite the conversation piece after landing on a rock!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

I think he just backs up to the tube when he goes.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 05-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

Unless you want to keep using the Pett in the Springs, they have out houses. There was last few years a out house in the mechanics camp that could be used as well. The portable toliets are for inbetween the main camp areas. Unless things have changed at the Mechanics camp at Buck island(first camp on the lake, near the damn and creek. So you may have only a small amount of solid waste to haul the total distance. Just more info for the choice you make.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
I think he just backs up to the tube when he goes.
I may be able to but the may have some problems

If I were to smack a rock the person behind me would be in for a suprise...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
http://www.outbacktoilets.com/

Of course with the toilet you need the WAG bags which aren't real cheap either...Anyone have a good source for inexpensive WAG bags??
The lowest price onthe WAG bags that I have found is online at sportsmans guide http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=121819 I think that they are $24.97, if you have a membership then $22.97. Shipping of course is extra. Hope that helps.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Hey Christo how about putting together a little used parts care package for your boys here? the drive flange, knuckle parts, steering arms, etc. Or how about I swing by some night and rob what I need from one out back? you can have it all back when we return, or we could just call it the official Rising Sun Sleeoffroad 80 Recovery Package (RSS8RP) that travels with the club each summer as we take over the next TLCA event? Comes in a fancy Sleeoffroad recovery bag, complete with inventory sheet and price list- call me crazy...

A lot of these parts can be left with the tow rigs if you want to. Since most of you are driving your trucks, you want to be sure that you can fix it before driving home. I am sure you can get your truck drug out if needed, but it is a pita to scrounge for parts before heading home.

We do have some parts that I would be glad to loan, but I do not have knuckles. We have used all the ones we had.

Quote:
But it would be cool to have a complete knuckle with us. I also had a thought that I should just buy another set of stainless brake lines, keep them in the plastic then if no one needs them return them? In fact for that matter why not a new tie rod set & new DC shaft, no use getting my hands dirty with old parts
Problem is that they will not be in new condition after being bounced around your truck for the trip. Sounds like Kevin has you covered on the driveshafts.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeoffroad View Post
A lot of these parts can be left with the tow rigs if you want to. Since most of you are driving your trucks, you want to be sure that you can fix it before driving home. I am sure you can get your truck drug out if needed, but it is a pita to scrounge for parts before heading home.

We do have some parts that I would be glad to loan, but I do not have knuckles. We have used all the ones we had.

Problem is that they will not be in new condition after being bounced around your truck for the trip. Sounds like Kevin has you covered on the driveshafts.
I could canabalize my 80 front axle that I no longer plan on using in my 40. Actually sounds like a great idea! Is anyone towing? I really don't want to haul the knuckles with me.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

Back to spare parts... At this point it looks like I will have with me (along with important seals, washers, bolts, fluids and the like):

2 x upper ball joints
2 x lower ball joints
1 x complete left side tie rod
1 x complete right side tie rod
1 x steering center link
2 x u-joints
1 x prop shaft yoke
2 x CV axles (my front axles)
2 x IFS locking hubs
1 x water pump
1 x oil pump
2 x set of front wheel bearings
1 x set of hoses and belts

I'd like to take spindles, steering arms, motor mounts and that sort of thing, but trying to weigh the chance of breakage against weight and space.

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by DaveInDenver; 05-22-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Rising Sun Commander

I ordered spare belts for 80's today, both of 'em. I've also got some extra studs/cone washers/nuts, plus all the starter rebuild parts. I've got a used water pump too if we need it, also next week will have a used but slightly leaky power steering pump available, if needed.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Rising Sun Member

Dave, it looks like you are bringing a spare truck!! LOL

You can't ever be over prepared though. Good list!

Only thing I'd add to it is brake lines (the kind from napa in the precut lengths with the flanges and bolts already on them), and a few feet of fuel line and hose clamps. You can fix a lot of stuff with fuel line and hose clamps.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead