Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 05-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Romer's Avatar
Romer Romer is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Englewood, Colorado
Posts: 7,001
Default

Another approach is to to have steak night or brats night and as a group we buy the meat and cook it but everyone is on there own for what they eat with it. Thinking I could bring beans, but then that would require a big pot for 20 people. Still could do so, you asked for ideas and I could go either way
__________________
Ken Romer - K0ROM
04 UZJ100
77 FJ40
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,123
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Another approach is to to have steak night or brats night and as a group we buy the meat and cook it but everyone is on there own for what they eat with it. Thinking I could bring beans, but then that would require a big pot for 20 people. Still could do so, you asked for ideas and I could go either way
Very doable! That covers one night...
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Caribou Sandstorm's Avatar
Caribou Sandstorm Caribou Sandstorm is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,835
Default interested in going

Hi guys,

I am kind of late to the dance but I am getting my FJC ARBbumper w/winch, pro comp lift kit and BFG 33s installed today.

This Rubithon gig is looking very doable.

Do you think there is still room to sign up, or does this fill up fast and probably full?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,123
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris sandstorm FJ View Post
Hi guys,

I am kind of late to the dance but I am getting my FJC ARBbumper w/winch, pro comp lift kit and BFG 33s installed today.

This Rubithon gig is looking very doable.

Do you think there is still room to sign up, or does this fill up fast and probably full?
Reg deadline is June 1....you still have a couple days! The FJ Cruiser Run will be right behind us on Wednesday. It's also being led by one of our members, Robbie. You got options still....just not a lot of time....

BTW there are other chat threads for Rubithon....this is a food thread.
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-23-2008, 08:57 AM
nakman's Avatar
nakman nakman is offline
Rising Sun Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: north side
Posts: 9,897
Default

I'm all for potluck.. how about Mexican for Monday night? chips, tacos, ground beef, tortillas, fajita meat, cheese, guac, tequilla..
__________________
99 uzj100, 05 525EXC

www.gamiviti.com

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-23-2008, 09:00 AM
DaveInDenver's Avatar
DaveInDenver DaveInDenver is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Larimer County
Posts: 6,508
Default

That seems like a good couple of themes, Mexican one night and a brat night another.
__________________
'91 Toyota Pickup
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'12 Gunnar Rockhound 29

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Romer's Avatar
Romer Romer is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Englewood, Colorado
Posts: 7,001
Default

I am thinking for Monday night after driving 10 hours the last thing I want to do is cook. I was thinking Restaurant that night
__________________
Ken Romer - K0ROM
04 UZJ100
77 FJ40
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,123
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
I am thinking for Monday night after driving 10 hours the last thing I want to do is cook. I was thinking Restaurant that night

Works for me!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,123
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
I'm all for potluck.. how about Mexican for Monday night? chips, tacos, ground beef, tortillas, fajita meat, cheese, guac, tequilla..
Mexican pot luck might be better for Wednesday night as a lot of that stuff would be easy to cook or heat in the engine bay on the trail!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Caribou Sandstorm's Avatar
Caribou Sandstorm Caribou Sandstorm is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,835
Default Food

Thanks Kevin,

What is Robbie's Rising Sun handle?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.