Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Old 06-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Convert's Avatar
Convert Convert is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,415
Default

At this point I am figuring on steaks(2) and a side dish for one group meal, cafeteria style and I will also make up a batch of crayfish and sausage gumbo that can be combined with some other dishes for a group meal
__________________
Dan Reinmuth
93 FZJ80 (Red Green) Locked,Armored and Mall Rated
47 Bantam Trailer/RTT
71 FJ40 project
TLCA 13269
KVRT

" Leave the chrome at home " - Uncle Ben - Rubithon 2008
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Convert's Avatar
Convert Convert is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,415
Default

I have a Dutch oven also How many do we need ?
__________________
Dan Reinmuth
93 FZJ80 (Red Green) Locked,Armored and Mall Rated
47 Bantam Trailer/RTT
71 FJ40 project
TLCA 13269
KVRT

" Leave the chrome at home " - Uncle Ben - Rubithon 2008
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,111
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

OK....whew....what a weekend/week..... I'm ready to get back on the horse now! From talking to some of you and reading threads it sounds like we should do one group pot luck on Thursday night. As for breakfasts....what ya wanna do...ad lib?
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,111
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default Updated 6/2/08

Monday, 6/16
Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner - Wendover, NV

Tuesday, 6/17,
Breakfast - Wendover, NV

Lunch - Reno, NV

Dinner - Loon Lake, CA

Wednesday, 6/18
Breakfast - Loon Lake, CA

Lunch
Individual

Dinner - Buck Island Lake, CA
Individual

Thursday, 6/19
Breakfast - BIL, CA
Group


Lunch
Individual

Dinner - Rubicon Springs, CA
Group

Friday, 6/20
Breakfast - Rubicon Springs
Group

Lunch -RS
Individual

Dinner - RS
Individual

Saturday, 6/21
Breakfast - Rubicon Springs, CA
Provided

Lunch - RS
Individual[

Dinner - RS
Provided

Sunday, 6/22
Breakfast - RS or Lake Tahoe
Individual

Lunch

Dinner - Wendover, NV?

Monday, 6/23
Breakfast - Wendover, NV?

Lunch

Dinner - Home!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Shark Bait's Avatar
Shark Bait Shark Bait is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 4,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
OK....whew....what a weekend/week..... I'm ready to get back on the horse now! From talking to some of you and reading threads it sounds like we should do one group pot luck on Thursday night. As for breakfasts....what ya wanna do...ad lib?
Some of this depends on how much cleaning up is going to be practical. I make a pretty good breakfast burrito and would be happy to make enough for several of us at least one morning. Is cleaning up going to be a PITA? I'll be bringing water. And will bring cleaning supplies. Or should I just plan on cereal and disposable plates, bowls and cutlery?
__________________
Chris Hatfield, TLCA# 2768, KCZAB
Ad Sales Manager, Toyota Trails/tlca.org
'97 FZJ80, '07 GS350


Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,111
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
Some of this depends on how much cleaning up is going to be practical. I make a pretty good breakfast burrito and would be happy to make enough for several of us at least one morning. Is cleaning up going to be a PITA? I'll be bringing water. And will bring cleaning supplies. Or should I just plan on cereal and disposable plates, bowls and cutlery?
I, for one, can't do sugar (without protein) in the morning. I love it but I crash about 2-3 hours afterwards....
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Hulk's Avatar
Hulk Hulk is offline
Cruise Moab Committee
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Side!
Posts: 11,380
Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
I, for one, can't do sugar (without protein) in the morning. I love it but I crash about 2-3 hours afterwards....
I'm in the same boat. I'll be cooking scrambled eggs most mornings.
__________________
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Webmaster: TLCA.org
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,111
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Maybe we just don't do a formal group breakfast and do it typical group camping style. If ya don't like what someones cooking or if they don't have enough then either sniff out someone else's or starting cooking up your own. Often breakfast quantities are bountiful. I think I'll bring my 20 cup perk coffee pot and small burner so if your in need come grab a cup and if you are a French Press kinda guy I'm sure someone can accommodate... Now a tough question.....regular roast or dark roast? Treeroot might have some tricks up his sleeve too...we'll have to be on the look out.
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-02-2008, 03:50 PM
DaveInDenver's Avatar
DaveInDenver DaveInDenver is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Larimer County
Posts: 6,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Maybe we just don't do a formal group breakfast and do it typical group camping style. If ya don't like what someones cooking or if they don't have enough then either sniff out someone else's or starting cooking up your own. Often breakfast quantities are bountiful. I think I'll bring my 20 cup perk coffee pot and small burner so if your in need come grab a cup and if you are a French Press kinda guy I'm sure someone can accommodate... Now a tough question.....regular roast or dark roast? Treeroot might have some tricks up his sleeve too...we'll have to be on the look out.
I will have my press with me and have decent coffee.

FWIW, I'm still bringing the 3-burner stove and griddle, so I can basically make endless pancakes or support burritos for about half a dozen people no problem. Let me know if you want to group up for a breakfast or two and I will be sure to bring enough. I usually do chorizo, Egg Beaters, cheese and salsa for the burritos. We'll have probably a ton of pancake mix along, which we can use up on the return leg if it doesn't get used at Rubithon.
__________________
'91 Toyota Pickup
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'12 Gunnar Rockhound 29

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,111
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
I will have my press with me and have decent coffee.

FWIW, I'm still bringing the 3-burner stove and griddle, so I can basically make endless pancakes or support burritos for about half a dozen people no problem. Let me know if you want to group up for a breakfast or two and I will be sure to bring enough. I usually do chorizo, Egg Beaters, cheese and salsa for the burritos. We'll have probably a ton of pancake mix along, which we can use up on the return leg if it doesn't get used at Rubithon.
Mmmmmmmmmmm....you are talking pretty sexy there big boy! Me likey breakfast!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.