Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > Vendor Market Place

Old 06-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Rock Stacker

Default New Toyota stuff, 80 series, FJ Cruiser etc.

Fits the 80 seires front AND rear divider requires no drilling, holds a ton of junk in the back, installs in minutes, removed in seconds.

Also a review under our "Tech" section: http://www.raingler.com/installations.htm

Available here and more details: http://www.raingler.com/merch88Toyota.htm

Old 06-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hey,

That truck looks vaguely familiar - now I'm wishing I had cleaned it up a little

Glad to see you made it to the site Eddie!
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 06-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Rising Sun member

Eddie, just a question for you, have you done any testing with the grab handles to see what kind of forces they can withstand?
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 06-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Eddie, just a question for you, have you done any testing with the grab handles to see what kind of forces they can withstand?
Do you mean the grab handles we manufacturer or the factory Toyota ones on the 80 series?
Ours have been tested to 500#'s each. http://www.raingler.com/merch88GrabHandles.htm
As far as the OEM ones, we do not have this data, although I am sure that it could be located in some archive. We do use an 800# rated buckle along with 1,000# rated webbing. With the design of the netting, an impact from an unsprung load would obviously be dispersed amoung all mounting straps. (yes, please read the legal disclaimer on the website concerning loads and safety if one intends to purchase any item such as this) \ I'd have to dissect a handle to see if it does have a steel band insert to get an idea of it's strength. My best educated guess is that the weakest pount would be the 800# METAL buckle that we use or possible the OEM bolt and attaching structure. (Just to illustrate, that we do not use any plastic hardware)
Likely if a loose bowling ball is left in back during a front end collision, it most likely would be fatal, Raingler net or no net.

Last edited by 007; 06-08-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Matt, the screws that hold those handles on are M6 x 1.0.. not so big. I would speculate that's your weak point, they'd either snap or pull out of the body before that injection molded handle breaks.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Matt, the screws that hold those handles on are M6 x 1.0.. not so big. I would speculate that's your weak point, they'd either snap or pull out of the body before that injection molded handle breaks.

So Tim, do you think it would be worth the effort to have some brackets fabbed up that use the grab handle bolt to attach to the body (under the handle) and then have an opening in the other end to attach the cargo net strap to?

I was considering looking into that but it sounds like it would not make a difference, and it wouldn't be any stronger. I don't ever plan on anything super heavy needing to be stopped by the net so maybe it is a moot point
TLCA #17037

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

Old 06-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
So Tim, do you think it would be worth the effort to have some brackets fabbed up that use the grab handle bolt to attach to the body (under the handle) and then have an opening in the other end to attach the cargo net strap to?

I was considering looking into that but it sounds like it would not make a difference, and it wouldn't be any stronger. I don't ever plan on anything super heavy needing to be stopped by the net so maybe it is a moot point
Makes a difference from a looks/function perspective, but you're not going to gain any strength, it's just a little screw in there. If you were fabbing something to mate to the seat belts that would be a different story. I'm using some little angle brackets from the Depot for my ghetto-net.

Mine gets the job done, but I'm definitely considering one of the nicer ones that Eddie sells for the future.

edit: and no, my DS handle isn't missing, it's right where it belongs (above the driver's door!)
Attached Images

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

(re: the grab handle)

Thanks for the insight Tim on the brackets 'n stuff
TLCA #17037

:

Last edited by corsair23; 06-09-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post

Something along the lines of these in this article?
http://www.raingler.com/Toyota_FJ_Cr...ation_tips.pdf
Old 06-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks for the link Eddie...I might have to look into something along those lines
TLCA #17037

: