Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl
Default spurious emissions

So A couple weeks back my garage door starts acting up. Remotes don't work that well and are intermittant. They work pretty well the closer to the reciever you get. It's been a while since I changed the batteries so I do that. It works a little better but not much. Couple days later it's so bad I can't open the garage do at all. Wife isn't that happy about it being preggo and with a 1 1/2 year old. I needed another remote anyway so I bought another. I didn't think that would magically work but what the heck. As soon as it didn't work any better the light came on. I knew I was getting spurious emissions but from what. My radio isn't functional yet. Ah.. I have an idea what it is. The baby monitor we have crapped out so I got another (same model) but the old one wasn't causing issues. But wait, it's off when not in use anyway... Hum what the heck. Ding. The Transmitter for it is always on. I go unplug it. Bam, garage door remotes function normally again with good range. Wife isn't happy that we'll have to bag the monitor for the garage door but it seems to be more important. But wait the old one didn't have any issues with the garage door so I go check which switch it's on. It's on A so I switch things to B. wa-la B works and so does the garage door. Time for a beer!
TLCA#4180
Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Baby monitors are notorious for problems. There have been reports of airplane pilots hearing babies crying on their headsets. We had tons of problems with interference with our cordless phones at our house.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

I find this more humurous with the perspective that my youngest will be voting this year.

In my day, the baby monitor was the wife's eagle ear and her telling me it was my turn to go see whats wrong.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 07-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Hard Core 4+

You forgot the slap in between her eagle ear picking it up, and the instructions to go see what is wrong.

I was greatly comforted to learn that there is a biological basis for our selective hearing. Really. My wife, however, was not amused. Science schmience, she ain't buying it.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.