Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Notices

Old 07-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
That sucks, Matt. We need to find a vendor that prints on hard plastic, then mount the sign with drywall screws.
The Digital Frontier just off I-70 near Kipling has a large format printer that can print on any material. Might be worth calling them. I know a guy that works there, so let me know what we need and I'll get a quote.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Hard Core 4+

The USFS faces this kind of thing every day. VERY frustrating. But the most successful rangers (one of whom was an inspiration to Brant) just keep putting the signs back up and wearing down the impatience of the vandals.

BTW, excellent idea, Hulk.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Rising Sun member

I was thinking that maybe something that said that "NORMAL" people - i.e. not the government - put in lots of hard time and work to get this done - that "NORMAL" people believe in staying on the trail, and it's not some rhetoric that the government tries to place on us. I would like to think that some kind of sign appealing to peoples' reason would help. I have a story that I can't share now, but maybe I'll have time later to write it quick.
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 07-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Which one got ripped down?

This one:

or this one:

If it's sign #2, I have some ideas and can help you write and design the new sign.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
just keep putting the signs back up and wearing down the impatience of the vandals.
x2. Stop by grap another one to put up. We could always buy some plexi to put over it and screw it over the stay the trail banner.
TLCA#4180
Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Rising Sun member

We have the template for the 11x17 that Brant asked us if we could tweak a bit, I'll forward it to you Matt (I already forwarded it to Bill and Martin). A new look is something Brant is looking for, within reason and with his approval, but if we want to take it on we can.

The big sign is the one that got ripped down. We can do the plexi thing or whatever, but then I'm wondering if they won't just pull the WHOLE sign down and throw it down the bank

Keep the ideas coming! I wish I had another banner sign and a staple gun with me that day, but alas...maybe Brant can run up there with an ATV and put another one up.
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Matt, which one is the "big" sign? I can't tell from the pictures.
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

Old 07-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Rising Sun member

The "In Colorado We Stay on the Trail" sign. It's 16" x 44", and the "Adopt-a-Road" is 11" x 17"
Rising Sun Bio
Old 07-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
The "In Colorado We Stay on the Trail" sign. It's 16" x 44", and the "Adopt-a-Road" is 11" x 17"
So they ripped down the 16 x 44 sign, but we're re-working the 11 x 17 sign? Just want to make sure that I'm on the right page, so to speak.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Rising Sun member

During the cleanup run, Brant suggested we revamp the 11" x 17" sign to spruce it up a bit. The vandals did not mess with that sign (this time), but usually we have to put a new one up once a year anyway.

The vandals tore down the 16" x 44" COHVCO sign yesterday, which Brant has some extras of different varieties for to replace (if someone gets a chance this summer). I am pondering doing something a little extra on the large sign to try and mitigate this type of occurence, along the lines of letting would-be vandals know that the government is not out to get them with this sort of signage, but rather that it's a friendly reminder from their fellow off-road enthusiast trail users. Maybe that would appeal to their reason
Rising Sun Bio