Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Notices

Old 08-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Rising Sun member

Yea, I know. Been pretty busy lately so haven't had the energy to coordinate getting a poster together etc., but I'd like to do this this week.
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 08-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Rising Sun Member

We need to electrify that sign!

Of course a little "Smile, you're on camera" would probably deter some folks as well
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
We need to electrify that sign!

Of course a little "Smile, you're on camera" would probably deter some folks as well
That's a good idea Jeff. Maybe just writing that on the on the board would deter the vandels.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 08-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

OK, I created a new version of the 11 x 17 sign. Let me know what you think!
Attached Images

1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:03 AM
Hard Core 4+

I like it (well ...OK ...the heep is a little but I agree it is the right thing to use )

So I realize WE are 4-wheelers but how about something a little more "universal" in the language. Don't ignore other users (hikers, mountain bikers, even ATVs() ) just makes us seem too ... elitist and we are all in it together.

Is sign wording even up to us? You know what happened when John "improved" the Jenny Creek kiosk ... not standard GI
Old 08-12-2008, 07:48 AM
Rising Sun Member

Use a cruiser in the pic. Otherwise, I think it's great.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tch2fly View Post
So I realize WE are 4-wheelers but how about something a little more "universal" in the language. Don't ignore other users (hikers, mountain bikers, even ATVs() ) just makes us seem too ... elitist and we are all in it together.

Is sign wording even up to us? You know what happened when John "improved" the Jenny Creek kiosk ... not standard GI
+1,000. Include all OHVs, a representative sample at least, or expect blow-back. Especially from motorcyclists, and justifiably so.

BTW, you need to reword it to not use 'trail'. Brant will explain till it's crystal that only ROAD travel is allowed in the area. I know, but it is important to him to keep 'trails' very distinct from 'roads'.

Brant is not the BRD. But we do need to run it past him.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
how about something a little more "universal" in the language. Don't ignore other users (hikers, mountain bikers, even ATVs)
That's going to make for a pretty cluttered poster. In many ways, I think the image should be an ATV, since they seem to be the biggest problem users.

Quote:
I don't know. I assumed that whatever I created would get shown by Subzali to his contact at the Forest Service. They actually asked for a different poster, so I just got started. This is just a starting point. It's usually easier to edit than it is to create from scratch, so hopefully this will help the FS figure out what they think it appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
Use a cruiser in the pic. Otherwise, I think it's great.
I used a silhouette of a Jeep on purpose, since it is a more universal representation of 4WD vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
+1,000. Include all OHVs, a representative sample at least, or expect blow-back. Especially from motorcyclists, and justifiably so.
If we had a silhouette of a Jeep, motorcycle and ATV, would that cover most of our motorized users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
BTW, you need to reword it to not use 'trail'. Brant will explain till it's crystal that only ROAD travel is allowed in the area. I know, but it is important to him to keep 'trails' very distinct from 'roads'.
Um, dude, the other sign says "Stay (On) The Trail." That's a whole initiative from COHVCO.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Rising Sun member

Thank you Matt! Yes, it's easier for us to show the CCRD something and have them tell us they don't like it then have them try to explain what they want without anything to look at! This is a great starting point, I forwarded it to Brant for his comments, and I think we are getting some good input here as well! Before this goes out in the field we WILL have their full blessing on it, and that's the beauty of computer generated graphics, it's all picture drawing until we can come up with what they want! Great work Matt and let's keep it up!
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 08-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
That's going to make for a pretty cluttered poster. In many ways, I think the image should be an ATV, since they seem to be the biggest problem users.
I was thinking more about the verbage, the use of "motorized" and "open to vehicles".
I see what you were saying and I like the "no BS" down to earth language but I'm afraid it widens the gap between users (i.e. 4 wheeling and hiking/mtn biking) even further. No need to cause resentment by sounding as though we are all that matter.
I guess I'm saying that the message can be just as strong without specifically focusing on motorized users.