Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Anyone from CLC know the guy who was in the red Moab shirt with the bum leg? Seems like one or two knew him.

I would really like to write him an email with a HUGE thank you for all of his work for us, when he didn't even know us. What a great guy! As Ige said, he had a bum leg and he was down there in the muck stacking rocks and pushing trucks and spotting. Dude deserves a beer for sure.
x2! Guy was helpful, knew his stuff, a very impressive fabricator and master rock stacker! Oh well 3 of of 4 isn't bad! JK inside joke....
Here is the guy in question....
Attached Images

TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

I had a great time. What an awsome trail, and thanks again to everyone from Colorado Springs. Wish i could have made it the night before for the camping, what a beautiful area.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Rising Sun Member

Looks like a blast, wish I could have joined you guys.
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

Had a great time! The Squeak-O-Meter didn't even squeak the whole trip. Even when descending the slick root - she didn't pick up on my sudden 'race face' until afterwards, never felt spooked (because she didn't know any better ).

Fortunately she did not see Steve take the slick root, lock up the brakes, and finish on TWO WHEELS . (Yes the WRONG two wheels ). That got the attention of his own Squeak-O-Meter, judging by her expression. Got his attention too. Don't know by observation :p, but I expect there was a shorts cleaning afterward.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

Had a great time! The Squeak-O-Meter didn't even squeak the whole trip. Even when descending the slick root - she didn't pick up on my sudden 'race face' until afterwards, never felt spooked (because she didn't know any better ).

Fortunately she did not see Steve take the slick root, lock up the brakes, and finish on TWO WHEELS . (Yes the WRONG two wheels ). That got the attention of his own Squeak-O-Meter, judging by her expression. Got his attention too. Don't know by observation , but I expect there was a shorts cleaning afterward.

That tree root has always had my number, and is probably the most dangerous obstacle on the trail, when wet. Going up is a little spooky. Going down is dangerous if you freeze, not too bad if you use the throttle when everything in you tells you to brake. The roll will not be a mere flop, should you do a mis-step.

Seems like I kept trying the harder lines and getting denied. Wasn't my day I guess. But a great trip and time was had by all!
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks for a great weekend. Too bad it was dark and raining by the time we set up the buffet Friday night - I wish we had a picture of the spread. Thanks to everyone for the delicious food and great company.

I think the pictures say enough about the day on Saturday. Tough and fun trail, classy people and some impressive driving. I saw a ton of skillful piloting, and no offense to anyone else, but I gotta tip my hat to AxleIke and his impressive navigation through the far right line at French Creek. That was fun to watch! I've got that piece of your slider if you want to weld it back on

Here's a few highlight shots:

Kevin having a chuckle

Ige gettin flexy:

Marco making the right line look easy:

Isaac's impressive run through French Creek:

Wheelbase....

Steve working through the creek

Kevin up on Cleveland Rock

Holy Cross City

The rest of mine are here:

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...olycross_0908/
Old 09-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Can't see the linked pics at work but it sounds like you guys had a blast. Wish I could have gone...
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Hard Core 4+

We wish you coulda too!
KDØRCH
Bio Page
Old 09-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO View Post
Can't see the linked pics at work but it sounds like you guys had a blast. Wish I could have gone...
Wasn't the same without cha man! That Texan buddy of our's stood us up too! Wonder what excuse he's gonna pull outta that three gallon hat?
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Wasn't the same without cha man! That Texan buddy of our's stood us up too! Wonder what excuse he's gonna pull outta that three gallon hat?
maybe he can't handle the fact that if you roll here, you roll off a cliff?
ige tlca #1431