Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

If you need to move it either tow it and pop the clutch or run a hot wire to the starter and start it problem is you don't have the glow plugs to warm the engine which makes it easier, so your battery needs to be good and it may turn over for a little bit before it catches. I thought there were some either 3b or 2h manuals online somewhere. I'll see if I can remember. There were a couple good threads iirc about these solinoids on mud even if if they are 3b they are similar to the 2h.
TLCA#4180
Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Trail Ready

The bosses at Erica's work say it is cool for the truck to sit there for a while (but they did say they were going to put their logo's all over it... ).

So I did some more work today, just trying to eliminate things that I know I can do to hopefully find the answer. So I pulled the starter to test it. I jumped it from the battery (used the big, main power line from the battery & then grounded the starter body to the neg. terminal & put a jumper into the, "on switch" plug. The starter turned over perfectly. So then I used a test light to check if that on switch line was getting juice & it is showing juice when you turn the key to, "START". So, I put it all back together, (cleaned up all the connections thinking that would do it) and it still wouldn't turn over at all.
Combine that with the fact that I show amps when the key is at, "ACC", but nothing at all in the, "ON" position, and nothing in, "Start" and I am wondering if one of the grounds (I see several dirty ones under there) from the engine/tranny/etc are not connecting to the frame properly, so that the whole thing isn't grounding correctly.
Does this sound like it could be a real situation, or could I be way off???

Thanks,
Abe
Old 10-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Trail Ready

WOOO HOOO! I got it running this morning. I cleaned up the ground straps on it, and it started right up! Funny, I have been cleaning up all sorts of contacts & connections, thinking the power wasn't going through it. If I had just started by cleaning up the ground connections, I could have had it fixed in a half hour...

Thanks a ton for the advice & tips!

Best,
Abe