Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Maddmatt Maddmatt is offline
Trail Ready
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville
Posts: 337
Default Cardinal's new ride

Shawn,
Since we know you're going to have to modify that new Croc Hunter Cruiser sooner than later, I'll contribute some new shoes. Might take some work, but I bet we can make 'em fit! Three tread patterns to choose from, if it was me I'd go with the Goodyear's on the back, and the A/T pattern on the front. That'd be coooool
Attached Images
 
__________________
Matt
1996 4Runner
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-08-2005, 08:28 PM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 4,009
Default

I was going to ask last night but forgot. What kinda gears do you have? Did you upgrade the birffs?? Crawl box
__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2005, 08:36 PM
CardinalFJ60's Avatar
CardinalFJ60 CardinalFJ60 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 1,599
Default Oh Yeah!

It'll be detailed by the weekend, fresh coat of wax, armour all...the works. After that, It's getting new lift springs and maybe, yes, maybe a crawler box. I mean, ya gotta roll those new sneaks somehow...

It does have a 2-speed transfer case! High and low...rrraaaar!!

Treeroot's sticker fits perfectly on top of the windshield...might we have a mascot??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2005, 08:47 PM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 4,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60
It'll be detailed by the weekend, fresh coat of wax, armour all...the works. After that, It's getting new lift springs and maybe, yes, maybe a crawler box. I mean, ya gotta roll those new sneaks somehow...

It does have a 2-speed transfer case! High and low...rrraaaar!!

Treeroot's sticker fits perfectly on top of the windshield...might we have a mascot??
Pics man, we need PICS!
__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2005, 11:02 PM
leiniesred leiniesred is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Aurora, CO, USA
Posts: 1,282
Default Toyota models

I have a Tamiya Mountaineer (toyota mini-truck) sans the Toyota body (very expensive these days, but I'll get one someday)

I have the stock birfs, but aluminum ones are available.
It has the 3 speed tranny which I fully ball bearinged. (Is that a word?)
I have 3:1 diffs in it instead of the stock 2:1s which is the coolest mod on it.
Aluminum wheels (but no beadlocks) sport the good looking Masher 2000 tires.
aluminum lower shock mounts.
nice cross over steering rods.
I have modded traxxas MAXX driveshafts that suck because the plastic parts can't take the Toyota/Tamiya torque. They do, however, look a lot better than the brass/steel u-joints.

Yeah, it is far from perfect, but it does work. It isn't something I spend any time on or anything, but it is kinda fun to drive (I have to hit the transmitter a lot with my hand and the range is terrible). Maybe, someday, it can be a realistic lookin' rock crawler model, but it will never compete with the incred-a-travel r/c crawlers out there. Betcha there are other Tamiya bruisers/moutaineers/hilux/blazers in the basements of risingsun club members.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,168
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiniesred
I have a Tamiya Mountaineer (toyota mini-truck) sans the Toyota body (very expensive these days, but I'll get one someday)

I have the stock birfs, but aluminum ones are available.
It has the 3 speed tranny which I fully ball bearinged. (Is that a word?)
I have 3:1 diffs in it instead of the stock 2:1s which is the coolest mod on it.
Aluminum wheels (but no beadlocks) sport the good looking Masher 2000 tires.
aluminum lower shock mounts.
nice cross over steering rods.
I have modded traxxas MAXX driveshafts that suck because the plastic parts can't take the Toyota/Tamiya torque. They do, however, look a lot better than the brass/steel u-joints.

Yeah, it is far from perfect, but it does work. It isn't something I spend any time on or anything, but it is kinda fun to drive (I have to hit the transmitter a lot with my hand and the range is terrible). Maybe, someday, it can be a realistic lookin' rock crawler model, but it will never compete with the incred-a-travel r/c crawlers out there. Betcha there are other Tamiya bruisers/moutaineers/hilux/blazers in the basements of risingsun club members.
I have a "super secret" nitro powered Cruiser Crawler in the works right now. This interest and thread might encourage me enough to finish the cage and get it done before next meeting! Spy pics soon I would guess. Here is a pic of the tow vehicle....well not really but could be if needed! ....
Attached Images
  
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Rzeppa's Avatar
Rzeppa Rzeppa is offline
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kittredge CO, USA
Posts: 5,381
Default

Boys 'n' their toys. Ooops, need to refill my welding tank :-)
__________________
Jeff Zepp
Kittredge CO USA
1971 & 1976 FJ40s, 1978 FJ45, 1987 FJ60
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2005, 08:09 PM
powderpig's Avatar
powderpig powderpig is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,352
Default

Kevin you really have tooooooo much time on your hands. What a wicked truck. robbie
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-09-2005, 08:45 PM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 4,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig
Kevin you really have tooooooo much time on your hands. What a wicked truck. robbie

Perry: Jealous as hell
__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,168
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig
Kevin you really have tooooooo much time on your hands. What a wicked truck. robbie
You keep saying that. Once upon a time I had tons of time on my hands....now I have a kazillian toys and no time to play.
You are correct though....that is a very wicked truck! S&H .28 Puts out a scary 3.5hp at 30,000 R's If I can keep the driveshafts and pinion gears intact it will do some bad arse wheelies as it rips up to over 50 mph! Do the math...26lbs of truck and 3.5hp.....
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior

Last edited by Uncle Ben; 09-09-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.