Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 12-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Thanks Boulder Jerry, Burt Joe and Jerry, Stevenson Derek, Christo and Cdan

We have some great supporting vendors and I just experienced one I hadn't before because I had it in my mind that Boulder was too far to drive when the other places are closer.

I have always had great service from Derek (Stevinson) and the guys at Burt Toyota.

Christo and Cdan are in a class their own.

I decided to call Jerry at Boulder Toyota. He is a really cool guy and friend to the guys up north and Cdan (same company).

I ordered some parts from him at a great price and he shipped them to my house in one day.

Besides that he is fun to talk to. I found out were a lot of pieces of Kevin's 40 are

I was letting the distance keep me away, but the shipping was easy and inexpensive.

And don't forget Oleg at IRBIS and Joe at CTS. Both members with great shops and excellent customer service.

We are truly blessed to have such great supporting vendors and friends with this club. Think about some of the other clubs where they have no one.

You certainly should buy parts from whomever you feel comfortable and the club is in no way telling you who to buy from. I personnaly understand having a relationship with someone you know and trust and wanting to go there exclusively

I would appreciate it if when you do buy from one of our supporting vendors, you introduce yourself as being from Rising Sun and thank them for their support to our club.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Last edited by Romer; 12-19-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Rising Sun member

We are certainly in the Magic Triangle - and it has been put that way before here and on MUD. Very cool place to be and a very cool club to be a part of
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 12-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks, Ken...I've been to Boulder Toyota twice now. Both times I introduced myself as a Rising Sun Club Member. The first time I got a good discount, the second...not so much. Maybe I should ask for Jerry? I work close to Boulder, so hopefully they can hook me up in the future.

Uncle Ben...do you go to Boulder since you're so close?

Also, where can I get a CD ROM or other computerized parts catalog so I can call and check on 80 parts by part number??? I always have to go in and look at their computer.

Thanks for the other service referrals.
"Just because California does it, doesn't make it a good idea, or the right way to do it! If you like California so much, please move there. Don't make the rest of us live in the same HORROR!!!"
Old 12-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largerone View Post
Thanks, Ken...I've been to Boulder Toyota twice now. Both times I introduced myself as a Rising Sun Club Member. The first time I got a good discount, the second...not so much. Maybe I should ask for Jerry? I work close to Boulder, so hopefully they can hook me up in the future.

Uncle Ben...do you go to Boulder since you're so close?

Also, where can I get a CD ROM or other computerized parts catalog so I can call and check on 80 parts by part number??? I always have to go in and look at their computer.

Thanks for the other service referrals.
My suggestion would be to call Jerry first and then the order will be ready no matter who is at the counter. We get that problem at other places as well so it always PAYS to know who to ask for. Besides, those are the ones we want to know we are buying form them.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 12-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
My suggestion would be to call Jerry first and then the order will be ready no matter who is at the counter. We get that problem at other places as well so it always PAYS to know who to ask for. Besides, those are the ones we want to know we are buying form them.
Ask for Jerry or Paul if Jerry's not available. Mike prolly can hook you up too but he's usually hidden deep within the gray walls taking wholesale orders.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 12-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

Here, here! We're pretty lucky to have such great support.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Rising Sun Member

What about home access to part numbers? Is there a site? Or is there a CD ROM I can load on my computer to look up part numbers for the 80 series. I'd like to be able to call them and say I need part # XXX and part # YYY. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone selling a CD for the 80 series, but I was hoping there was a way to get one locally.

Thanks to all.

Paul
"Just because California does it, doesn't make it a good idea, or the right way to do it! If you like California so much, please move there. Don't make the rest of us live in the same HORROR!!!"
Old 12-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largerone View Post
What about home access to part numbers? Is there a site? Or is there a CD ROM I can load on my computer to look up part numbers for the 80 series. I'd like to be able to call them and say I need part # XXX and part # YYY. I'm pretty sure I've seen someone selling a CD for the 80 series, but I was hoping there was a way to get one locally.

Thanks to all.

Paul
I don't know. The Mud lurkers on here probably do know the answer though....
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior