Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 12-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to RedCreeper

Looks like we will be there. Minus one. Had to put my pup down yesterday morning. Kind of quiet around here. See you guys there. Anyone coming from the north side?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCreeper View Post
Looks like we will be there. Minus one. Had to put my pup down yesterday morning. Kind of quiet around here. See you guys there. Anyone coming from the north side?
Sorry to hear that, we're glad you are still coming. See you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 12-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Rock Stacker

I screwed up and double booked my plans for the weekend. I forgot it's my anniversary the weekend of the 3rd. I'm glad I didn't wake up early leave for the trail and find out when I got back home. lol I could have posted up some pretty cool looking battered photos of me had it happened. ouhHUHHhhhHHh just thinking about the realization that I forgot our anniversary while on the trail or something makes me shudder. That's got to be one of the worst feelings of dread knowing that there's no escape and punishment awaits. lol

Have a great run on Sunday! I'd really like to meet ya all. Rising Sun has a good reputation and I'm looking forward to running a trail that I can keep up with ya'll.

2001 4Runner SR5 Auto - Armorology Front Bumper, Warn M8000, 1/2" Technora line, - Toytec coilovers - OME 851s w/Bilsteins - Yokohama Geolandar MT+ 305/70R16 - F&R ARB lockers - Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders - Engel 15 Freezer - Low profile cargo - Laptop mount - Thule roof basket - Viper 5900 remote start - Cobra 8WSXTII CB Radio - Stainless 304 rear bumper and tire carrier w/chainsaw mount.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Hard Core 4+

You can bring the wife along and have a nice "picnic" when we are all stuck. After we are done you can take her to dinner, just to two of you at a romantic table on the second level..................where the rest of us just happen to sitting

And if she doesn't like pizza and beer there are some very fine dining establishments in Idaho Springs

If that still doesn't work were sorry and see you on the next run

Quote:

TLCA #6136

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 12-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Rock Stacker

I tried that T, now it looks like I have to buy her some jewelry too. I don't think she thought it was as good idea as we did. Good luck on the run.

2001 4Runner SR5 Auto - Armorology Front Bumper, Warn M8000, 1/2" Technora line, - Toytec coilovers - OME 851s w/Bilsteins - Yokohama Geolandar MT+ 305/70R16 - F&R ARB lockers - Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders - Engel 15 Freezer - Low profile cargo - Laptop mount - Thule roof basket - Viper 5900 remote start - Cobra 8WSXTII CB Radio - Stainless 304 rear bumper and tire carrier w/chainsaw mount.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Hard Core 4+

Sorry to hear that, we'll keep you in our thoughts

As for the jewelry part, doesn't that give you the OK to buy a part for the truck

IF you have time you can always meet us for a beer at Beaujos Pizza

Quote:

TLCA #6136

Old 12-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Rock Stacker

It's like you are experienced at being married or something? lol We'll be back on Monday

Old 12-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Hard Core 4+

18-20 years depending on who you ask Sounds like somebody is getting a nice anniversary present. Enjoy and we'll see you on the next run.

Quote:

TLCA #6136

Old 12-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Wincher

A quick update on Yankee Hill. Other than high winds on Sunday a group of us headed up. It was Glen, Ric, Austin and wife Chris, Cory, and myself. Once you left the air-down lot the road to the trailhead is clean. The first part of the trail has ablot 12" with a few drifted areas of 2'. Back to a few inches to the fenced off lot. The trail from there was back to about a foot. The first big hill was about 2'-3'. We spent about an hour trying to get to the top. Glen did most of the work and did have to winch the last 10' to the top. At that point we decided that we would have to winch everyone up. We headed back and played on the rocks by the air-down lot.

Last edited by Gerdo; 12-30-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Wincher

I didn't have chains on. Chains are un-necessary for the first few miles. I would bet that some of your more radical machines we will be able to break more trail and go farther.