Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 02-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Pioneer and Yeasu 1802

In an effort to add 2m and not have the interior of my rig look like Romers. I ditched the universal XM radio that was mounted in front of the dusty vent and stuffed into the factory tapedeck. Installed a single Din pioneer cd player to run the behind the dash satalite reciever. Dremeled out the top back and bottom of an aftermarket pocket. Pioneer and XM are operable. Yaesu is still mocked up and needs wireing and screwing into place. I still need to mount the antenna and coax. I got a 6fuse bank from Slee that i'll be adding soon to power it. 6g to go from battery to pass side firewall. I'll be installing my CB in my centerconsole and running a wire into the AUX of the Pioneer for volume. I'll keep it as a 3.5mm jack in the console for any other AUX that could need plugging in. The Pioneer also has a USB and extention cable that will also end up in the center console for I-pod.

With some help from Crutchfield and Christo I'm feeling pretty 12v savy.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Rising Sun Member

That is looking good Farnham. That mic holder doesn't look like the model I saw recently, isn't the latest model white?
SOLD - 1971 FJ-40
TLCA #18941
Old 02-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

So do you have an external speaker or something?

BTW, KD0CAW, I heard you on 145.460 this morning with Brian (I forget his call, KD0D-something, right?). Your final long transmission was very broken and unreadable, maybe on low power? I tried calling you on simplex, but must have been out of the car already.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 02-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
BTW, KD0CAW, I heard you on 145.460 this morning with Brian (I forget his call, KD0D-something, right?). Your final long transmission was very broken and unreadable, maybe on low power? I tried calling you on simplex, but must have been out of the car already.
[Hijack=RicardoJM)
Brian's call sign is KD0CGG, he took the exam the same night as Rick who's call sign is KD0CGE. We were on the 147.225 repeater, which may be why you were not able to raise me on 145.460 - though it is odd you were hearing us on that frequency.
[Hijack Off]
SOLD - 1971 FJ-40
TLCA #18941
Old 02-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoJM View Post
[Hijack=RicardoJM)
Brian's call sign is KD0CGG, he took the exam the same night as Rick who's call sign is KD0CGE. We were on the 147.225 repeater, which may be why you were not able to raise me on 145.460 - though it is odd you were hearing us on that frequency.
[Hijack Off]
Sorry, I tried calling you on 146.460 simplex. Yes, I was listening on 145.460, which I believe is full time linked to 147.225. The 145.460 machine is up in Boulder, but on my radio it sounds clearer than the 147.225 Denver repeater (but it might depend on which input the station is using to get in, trying to note the QTH of the talking station to see). Anyway, I was receiving full S9, so I dunno.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 02-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Rising Sun Member

Looks clean Farnham.

Does the 1802 and or 2800 have built in speakers? I need something LOUD to hear while my 40 is running.

'85 FJ60
Old 02-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

It has a speaker built into the top of it. But, if I cannot hear it well. There is a 3.5mm AUX jack in the back of the pioneer, so I could select AUX and listen through the factory speakers. Also I have a loudmouth speaker I could install. I never had a hard time hearing my CB in my 40 and it was mounted in a similar way. My mic holder is painted black.

I'm struggling with how to power the HAM. I got a 6fuse and 100A fuse to run from battery to pass side firewall with 6g wire. I'll use 1 for the HAM. 1 for the CB. Then I got another 4 for I don't know what. I'm currently running from my battery. Truck,Warn, ARB compressor, Trailer brakes. All on the engine side of the firewall. I'm about to add HAM and CB. Should I just add the 6fuse in the engine bay and connect. Trailer Brakes, ARB, and run CB and Ham through the firewall to the 6 fuse instead? Should the compressor not be into the same Fuse block. Or is that isolated enough that is doesnt matter? If I'm thinking fridge in a few years could I run that into the fuseblock or what do I need to consider?

Goal is to safely wire HAM and CB and ARB compressor, Winch, Trailer, And some stuff I haven't thought of yet. Right now my + side of my battery looks like a fire waiting to happen. So the "HAM directly to the battery "isn't that simple.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoJM View Post
That is looking good Farnham. That mic holder doesn't look like the model I saw recently, isn't the latest model white?
Ricardo, they come out of the machine white, but they can be made black through the magic of spray paint. If you got a white one, that just means someone didn't have time to paint it.

And looking good, Farnham!

www.gamiviti.com

Old 02-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Hard Core 4+

Ricardo did you get one with the mic offset to the passanger side? How is the fit? Do the tabs feel like they clip well or like it's got 2-3mm of slide front to back?