Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 03-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default FT-8800 File

For you guys running the FT-8800, do you know about the file I'm working on? If not, you can find it here:

http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/s...7&postcount=10

We've been posting programming files in Member's Only primarily to keep Google and Yahoo from coming across them and eating club bandwidth with hams downloading the files with no interest in 4WD or Toyota. If someone who does not have access to the member's only stuff wants them, fire off a PM to a member (UB, DaveInDenver, Seldom Seen, Groucho, Shark Bait, Romer, etc.) and we'll get it for you. Just don't want risingsun4x4.com becoming a file hosting site if Google finds that we are posting programming files.

I updated the 8800 file this morning again with a few NV, UT and CO frequencies, mostly stuff for the Rubithon trip with repeaters in towns I could find along I-80, I-70 and US40.

Another new addition is LEGAL cross band repeat memories. Yes, legal! I explained it in the post, but essentially what I did was add the input frequencies for several local repeaters as simplex memories with PL tones. Use your desired repeater input along with an open 70cm simplex frequency to do a one-way re-transmit of your HT. Since the 8800 does not self ID, it is not really legal to let your mobile retransmit the repeater and so this fixes that. You still can't really just leave the radio unattended since there is no way to shut it off remotely, but at least you can walk around your yard or campsite and use very low power on the HT.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 03-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks Dave. This is way cool.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Hard Core 4+

FYI, I have updated the programming file for my FT-8800R. I believe I figured out why everyone tells me I had low audio. The whole file was set for FM Low, which is I think narrow bandwidth. I reset them all to regular FM. Anyone who's radio I programmed before Rubithon will probably have the same issue and so we'll need to re-do them.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 08-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Dave do you think the file will work for my 8900 ? They are essentially the same radio with 2 more bands...
Old 08-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dog View Post
Dave do you think the file will work for my 8900 ? They are essentially the same radio with 2 more bands...
This question has come up before and honestly I'm not sure. I only have the specific software for the FT-8800. In the ZIP file I also have the left and right bands exported as CSV files, which I assumed any program could import or open. I am fairly certain that the software I have will not talk to an model other than the FT-8800, though. It seems to be able to tell the radio model.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Thanks Dave,
The CVS files at least allow me to manually dial in the stations. i will look into software next...
Old 03-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

The software and cable should be the Yaesu ADMS-2I kit - $48.95
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133