Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 09-12-2017, 07:24 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Anyone else interested in Chinamans? This has always been a well attended run in the past. Im sorry I cant lead it but my elk hunt coming up is a big one and took 22 preferance points!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-12-2017, 07:40 AM
Rising Sun Member

I may be able to do this, but I'm not sure yet. If so, it would have to be the 8th, but I could lead.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 09-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

Sad to see this thread getting so quiet so quick! We can do a differant run on the 7/8th and I can lead Chinamans in November (4/5) as its always a great run in the winter due to light snow in that area. Please speak up! Lets go wheeling RS!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-18-2017, 10:06 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'm pretty sure we're free that weekend, and I've never run Chinaman Gulch. It looks like the low/high rating is 4/7 on Traildamage - would you say this trail is about the same difficulty? If we did that trail I'd probably want to stay the night and camp as well.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Dang it... I really should retire. This work thing really gets in the way of fun. On duty for both the October & November runs!

Travis Hurley- Founder/Owner
Outer Limit Supply | 720-987-4202
Est. 2014 | Littleton, Colorado
www.outerlimitsupply.com
www.outerlimitsupply.com | travis@outerlimitsupply.com
Old 09-18-2017, 10:34 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSN View Post
I'm pretty sure we're free that weekend, and I've never run Chinaman Gulch. It looks like the low/high rating is 4/7 on Traildamage - would you say this trail is about the same difficulty? If we did that trail I'd probably want to stay the night and camp as well.
I havent done Chinamans this year but there are really only 3 obstacles that dont have bypass. Early on the squeeze gets your attention and tire placement is your challenge. Whale Rock has several lines and the easiest is mild/ moderate. The step is the last unavoidable obstacle and can be a challenge for stock vehicles. Mildly modified should be able to get up again tire placement is everything. The optional lines and obstacles are lots of fun to try. Overnight is very easy as there is a KOA very close if you want a campground or cabin and the trail head is primitive camping at its finest. Waking up across the valley from Mount Antero is hard to beat! Mount Princeton Hot Springs is also very close. There are countless other trails in the area!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Quote:
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
I havent done Chinamans this year but there are really only 3 obstacles that dont have bypass. Early on the squeeze gets your attention and tire placement is your challenge. Whale Rock has several lines and the easiest is mild/ moderate. The step is the last unavoidable obstacle and can be a challenge for stock vehicles. Mildly modified should be able to get up again tire placement is everything. The optional lines and obstacles are lots of fun to try. Overnight is very easy as there is a KOA very close if you want a campground or cabin and the trail head is primitive camping at its finest. Waking up across the valley from Mount Antero is hard to beat! Mount Princeton Hot Springs is also very close. There are countless other trails in the area!
I'm in
Old 09-21-2017, 11:15 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Sooooooo.

Still need a trail and someone to show others where its at October 7th or 8th. Too early for a Spooky Night Run?
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Quote:
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

TLCA #3007
Northside!

Quote:
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Rising Sun Member

Settle down, I'm working on it Gotta make sure Nat is on board but I should be able to lead on Sunday. I will confirm shortly.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead