Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 12-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Carpet Shampoo?

Looking for a strong carpet cleaner for the 100. I want MOAR than what I can buy at the auto parts store. Anyone have any good leads to a dry/diy solution for stains, smells and general kid wear and tear? Any pro tricks or products?

Thanks in advance.
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks

My 100 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

My camping trailer build up thread.

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 12-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Try this
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 12-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Land Use Coordinator

Might be more labor intensive than you're looking for, but I've heard fantastic results with pulling the whole carpet and hosing or gentle pressure washing.
Only chemical required is elbow grease.

Ben B
1997 LX450 (2016-Pres)
KEōLBN
Old 12-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjrblant View Post
Might be more labor intensive than you're looking for, but I've heard fantastic results with pulling the whole carpet and hosing or gentle pressure washing.
Only chemical required is elbow grease.
That worked great on my 60.

The last round on my 4runner, I used a rental from HD. It worked pretty well. I spot cleaned with full strength simple green first.

2008 mall cruiser - aka Black Beauty - ramps good
1994 fzj80 - nearly 500,000 miles young - thrasher rig
84 FJ60 low gears, locked, fun, rebuilt-2FE - gone
1995 Toyota Camry, 4x4 at heart

"In God [i] trust. All others, bring data"
-E. Deming
Old 12-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Lifted

Send a message via AIM to Lastresort576

Rent a carpet cleaner, pull carpet, and re-dye it while it’s out. I’ve done this in the past with cars and it’s worked phenomenally.

Big trash barrel works great to re-dye carpeting.
'68 MGB-GT
Old 12-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Drew I do carpet cleaning and can do auto carpet as well. I may not be as cheep as can of carpet cleaner or rental machine, but you will certainly have a good cleaning that you don't have labor your self through. Dan 303-929-7230 just my .02.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:25 AM
Lifted

I used to detail cars and you will be amazed at how well an apolstry extractor will work. It is labor intensive and you will find yourself inventing some never before witnessed yoga poses to get every spot. You also get pretty nasty while doing it. I have rented le home depot carpet cleaner with the water heater and it was junk. The hand held part was essentially useless due to lack of solid plastic pieces designed to hold it together.if you do go the rental route makes sure the handheld is in great shape. I also recommend removing the seats, not just for access to carpet underneath but also the sides of the seats. It gets pretty nasty next to the center console. Or pay the $100 to get an interior detail which should come with a stain guard as well as a very thorough cleaning on everything else. They have all the right tools. They are also schooled in how to not make the markings on the steering wheel levers disappear while cleaning. They get all the buttons, electronics, vents, glass and plastics sparkling. I would suggest avoiding the conditioner used on the plastics if you plan to take it in dusty places. It acts like a magnet for grime!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the RX View Post
I used to detail cars and you will be amazed at how well an apolstry extractor will work. It is labor intensive and you will find yourself inventing some never before witnessed yoga poses to get every spot. You also get pretty nasty while doing it. I have rented le home depot carpet cleaner with the water heater and it was junk. The hand held part was essentially useless due to lack of solid plastic pieces designed to hold it together.if you do go the rental route makes sure the handheld is in great shape. I also recommend removing the seats, not just for access to carpet underneath but also the sides of the seats. It gets pretty nasty next to the center console. Or pay the $100 to get an interior detail which should come with a stain guard as well as a very thorough cleaning on everything else. They have all the right tools. They are also schooled in how to not make the markings on the steering wheel levers disappear while cleaning. They get all the buttons, electronics, vents, glass and plastics sparkling. I would suggest avoiding the conditioner used on the plastics if you plan to take it in dusty places. It acts like a magnet for grime!

Where would you suggest to go? Iíve tried Bearís on wadsworth and Crestline, and octopus on wads and colfax.
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari intercooled turbo, Warn M12000, OEM CDL switch, cup holder, and hand throttle, Metric TLC leather, heated seats, JDM switches, Puma OBA
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 12-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Where would you suggest to go? Iíve tried Bearís on wadsworth and Crestline, and octopus on wads and colfax.
The man cave in Westminster was recommended to me. Prices seem to have gone up since I last worked in the industry. Looks like interior starts at $200 for most places around Denver.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

I used simple green and some assorted scrub brushes my garden hose and a wet vac
Worked really good
That was 6 months ago and with two kids its ready again
Might try a different cleaner though and presoak
I did this in the summer so it was easier to air dry as
I SOAKED my carpet scrubbed then wet vac
Swear mud came out
2010 4runner
1984 Westfalia
1982 Honda Trail 110
Salsa Bucksaw
TLCA # 16767