Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Rezarf's Avatar
Rezarf Rezarf is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In Uncle Ben's Shadow
Posts: 5,458
Default Carpet Shampoo?

Looking for a strong carpet cleaner for the 100. I want MOAR than what I can buy at the auto parts store. Anyone have any good leads to a dry/diy solution for stains, smells and general kid wear and tear? Any pro tricks or products?

Thanks in advance.
__________________
Rezarf <><
K0RZF
My rig... "Maude"
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks

My 100 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

My camping trailer build up thread.

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.


"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northside
Posts: 13,981
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Try this
__________________
KōUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-08-2017, 01:55 PM
benjrblant's Avatar
benjrblant benjrblant is offline
Land Use Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Denver
Posts: 232
Default

Might be more labor intensive than you're looking for, but I've heard fantastic results with pulling the whole carpet and hosing or gentle pressure washing.
Only chemical required is elbow grease.
__________________

Ben B
1997 LX450 (2016-Pres)
KEōLBN
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-08-2017, 02:43 PM
jps8460's Avatar
jps8460 jps8460 is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westminster
Posts: 1,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjrblant View Post
Might be more labor intensive than you're looking for, but I've heard fantastic results with pulling the whole carpet and hosing or gentle pressure washing.
Only chemical required is elbow grease.
That worked great on my 60.

The last round on my 4runner, I used a rental from HD. It worked pretty well. I spot cleaned with full strength simple green first.
__________________
Jackson - KD0VZS - jackson@jp4wd.com

2008 mall cruiser - aka Black Beauty - ramps good
1994 fzj80 - nearly 500,000 miles young - thrasher rig
84 FJ60 low gears, locked, fun, rebuilt-2FE - gone
1995 Toyota Camry, 4x4 at heart

"In God [i] trust. All others, bring data"
-E. Deming
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Lastresort576's Avatar
Lastresort576 Lastresort576 is offline
Lifted
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Westminster
Posts: 139
Send a message via AIM to Lastresort576
Default

Rent a carpet cleaner, pull carpet, and re-dye it while it’s out. I’ve done this in the past with cars and it’s worked phenomenally.

Big trash barrel works great to re-dye carpeting.
__________________
'97 LX450
Ď04 Civic Si
'16 RAV4
'68 MGB-GT
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-08-2017, 03:05 PM
FJCDan FJCDan is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Denver
Posts: 522
Default

Drew I do carpet cleaning and can do auto carpet as well. I may not be as cheep as can of carpet cleaner or rental machine, but you will certainly have a good cleaning that you don't have labor your self through. Dan 303-929-7230 just my .02.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-09-2017, 01:25 AM
On the RX's Avatar
On the RX On the RX is offline
Lifted
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Superior
Posts: 188
Default

I used to detail cars and you will be amazed at how well an apolstry extractor will work. It is labor intensive and you will find yourself inventing some never before witnessed yoga poses to get every spot. You also get pretty nasty while doing it. I have rented le home depot carpet cleaner with the water heater and it was junk. The hand held part was essentially useless due to lack of solid plastic pieces designed to hold it together.if you do go the rental route makes sure the handheld is in great shape. I also recommend removing the seats, not just for access to carpet underneath but also the sides of the seats. It gets pretty nasty next to the center console. Or pay the $100 to get an interior detail which should come with a stain guard as well as a very thorough cleaning on everything else. They have all the right tools. They are also schooled in how to not make the markings on the steering wheel levers disappear while cleaning. They get all the buttons, electronics, vents, glass and plastics sparkling. I would suggest avoiding the conditioner used on the plastics if you plan to take it in dusty places. It acts like a magnet for grime!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-09-2017, 08:03 AM
subzali's Avatar
subzali subzali is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 8,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the RX View Post
I used to detail cars and you will be amazed at how well an apolstry extractor will work. It is labor intensive and you will find yourself inventing some never before witnessed yoga poses to get every spot. You also get pretty nasty while doing it. I have rented le home depot carpet cleaner with the water heater and it was junk. The hand held part was essentially useless due to lack of solid plastic pieces designed to hold it together.if you do go the rental route makes sure the handheld is in great shape. I also recommend removing the seats, not just for access to carpet underneath but also the sides of the seats. It gets pretty nasty next to the center console. Or pay the $100 to get an interior detail which should come with a stain guard as well as a very thorough cleaning on everything else. They have all the right tools. They are also schooled in how to not make the markings on the steering wheel levers disappear while cleaning. They get all the buttons, electronics, vents, glass and plastics sparkling. I would suggest avoiding the conditioner used on the plastics if you plan to take it in dusty places. It acts like a magnet for grime!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


Where would you suggest to go? Iíve tried Bearís on wadsworth and Crestline, and octopus on wads and colfax.
__________________
Matt Miller
TLCA# 13684
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, no more Sanden OBA (factory emissions), so Puma OBA
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari intercooled turbo, Warn M12000, OEM CDL switch, cup holder, and hand throttle, Metric TLC leather, heated seats, JDM switches, Puma OBA
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-09-2017, 12:14 PM
On the RX's Avatar
On the RX On the RX is offline
Lifted
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Superior
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Where would you suggest to go? Iíve tried Bearís on wadsworth and Crestline, and octopus on wads and colfax.
The man cave in Westminster was recommended to me. Prices seem to have gone up since I last worked in the industry. Looks like interior starts at $200 for most places around Denver.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Cocarlisle's Avatar
Cocarlisle Cocarlisle is offline
Cruise Moab Committee
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Golden
Posts: 434
Default

I used simple green and some assorted scrub brushes my garden hose and a wet vac
Worked really good
That was 6 months ago and with two kids its ready again
Might try a different cleaner though and presoak
I did this in the summer so it was easier to air dry as
I SOAKED my carpet scrubbed then wet vac
Swear mud came out
__________________
1975 FJ40
1977 FJ40
1999 UZJ 100
2010 4runner
1984 Westfalia
1982 Honda Trail 110
Salsa Bucksaw
TLCA # 16767
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.