Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 12-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTIN
Not sure about Golden, but here in Denver I have a dedicated high speed DSL line through Qwest. I think I'm getting 5-7mps. I have 5 static IP's and a small network of computers on it. It's really stable and speedy.
I have Comcast, had to get a business account to get static IP's though. 5Mb service.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
rage, rage, against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas
Old 12-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

I can keep my IP address for months. Eventually it will expire but I had it up 6 months once.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 12-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO
I can keep my IP address for months. Eventually it will expire but I had it up 6 months once.
Lol DHCP ftw! I wanted to just go that route, but at the time I was working with a defense contractor and the only way they would let me through the firewall even with VPN was from a static IP.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB
I have Comcast, had to get a business account to get static IP's though. 5Mb service.
Does Comcast still block inbound ports if you have a business account?

[/hijack]

Mark

http://www.scaldeddog.com
Old 12-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaldedDog
Does Comcast still block inbound ports if you have a business account?

[/hijack]

Mark
Not that i am aware of. What ports?

Old 12-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggoner5
I am pretty spoiled here in Texas with a good friend that owns a internet service provider that is Microwave right to the AT&T fiber optic line. I get hooked up at 1.5mps at the slow end. Most of the time its around 3.5mps. My question is....who in the Golden area has the best reliable fast connection? I want to have service when I come up at Xmas.
G
Are you looking for download speed only or also upload? Cable can only handle up to 768 k the download is up to 7 mb, ofcourse that all depends on how many people are on your hub at the time.

If you are just looking to surf and play games Comcast is great, if you are looking to use it for work or a server you need DSL or Comcast Business. With Qwest you can customize your package as needed, get a fixed IP for a server and buy the speed you need, both up and down. Comcast offers an upgrade but it is pricey.

Look at your need s and go from there, hope this helps some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Looking for a Troopy or 40, 45 BJ 4-5

Sold 85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped Totaled May 2013 Finally replace with 2010 Mega Cab nearly the same No more slow lane for me
Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

or, Gary could move to the ghetto. According to the Comcast guy I am the only one on my hub
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 12-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO
or, Gary could move to the ghetto. According to the Comcast guy I am the only one on my hub
I knew living in the burbs wouldcome back to bite me................damn rich yuppies with all their laptops..............oh wait I have one........nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Looking for a Troopy or 40, 45 BJ 4-5

Sold 85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped Totaled May 2013 Finally replace with 2010 Mega Cab nearly the same No more slow lane for me
Old 12-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Hard Core 4+

Found out yesterday that there is no cable up where the house is. Bummer. I did find a a provided that has 7mbs up and down and its point to point so I wouldn't get clogged up. Its less than what I pay now so I may give them a shot. The site is Whispertel and they have voice over IP as well so that takes care of the phone also.
I close on the 20th which is tomorrow, and will be coming back up on the 26th to camp out. We have no furniture so we'll be sleeping bagging it for the week we will be there. Can't believe it's really going to happen. I have been wanting out of Texas ever since I got here.
G
Old 12-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggoner5
Found out yesterday that there is no cable up where the house is. Bummer. I did find a a provided that has 7mbs up and down and its point to point so I wouldn't get clogged up. Its less than what I pay now so I may give them a shot. The site is Whispertel and they have voice over IP as well so that takes care of the phone also.
I close on the 20th which is tomorrow, and will be coming back up on the 26th to camp out. We have no furniture so we'll be sleeping bagging it for the week we will be there. Can't believe it's really going to happen. I have been wanting out of Texas ever since I got here.
G
Gary, look forward to seeing ya up in these parts .

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"