Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 08-11-2017, 11:53 AM
Rising Sun Member

I don't like seeing it muddy and torn either, but I really don't think Travis meant any disrespect by it.
82 FJ40
Old 08-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
I don't like seeing it muddy and torn either, but I really don't think Travis meant any disrespect by it.
Im sure he didnt as he is in an era that has no respect for the flag which is so ironic as that is the very privledge that cost so much blood! If those of us who know the cost dont teach and demonstrate respect that blood was wasted! My father would have saluted that flag then asked it to be treated with respect, if he got back talk he would have honored his friends and family that paid the ultimate cost by taking charge one way or another with what ever means he had at his disposal!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 08-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Land Use Coordinator

Default Ghost Town Run 2017

Ok, guys. Look...

I'm not happy with what happened to that flag either. I have the utmost respect for our flag and the service members who have given so much, including the ultimate sacrifice, to defend it. If I ever saw a person purposely disrespecting our nation's flag, they would suddenly find that they had a dangerous problem on their hands.

This situation was my fault, and I own that. I purchased a flag that was too big for this application, not to mention poorly manufactured. As a result bad things happened to it. Please rest assured that the flag in question will be cleaned and then properly disposed of with respect and honor.
I have since then purchased a heavy duty flag that is of significantly smaller size so that it stays up and clear of splashing mud. I also make sure to properly stow it when traveling at higher speeds to help prevent tattering.

While I have never served in the armed forces, I have several close family members who have. As well as ancestors who have died in past wars in the service of our great nation. I was raised to be a proud and patriotic American and to respect our flag and the men and women who defend it.
If you guys would like the picture deleted, that's fine with me. It's not going to hurt my feelings. And perhaps it is for the best. I wish that this picture had not been taken at that moment because it DOES NOT reflect my attitude towards our flag.
I can completely understand why this upsets some of you. Like I said before, I'm not happy about it either. And that's why this will NOT happen again with any flag that I have possession of.

Now, that is all I'm going to say about it. And I would hope that is all I'm ever going to hear about it. It was a one time mistake and it won't happen again.
TLCA #22468

The "Honey Badger"- 2003 4-Door Tacoma -- SASed, Locked, Built, and Abnormally Aspirated.

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.

Spread the Gospel of the Wilderness.
Go to the Mountains and hear their good tidings.

Last edited by TheHoneyBadger; 08-11-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:27 PM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Pretty frustrated by the turn of this thread. Everyone needs to grow up. Act like adults. Cause that's where we are at.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 08-15-2017, 07:43 PM
Rising Sun Commander

It was unfortunate for this to occur on one of Rising Suns great annual events. Travis I accept your response. This is a very important issue for many of us Americans. This country has worked hard for where it is in this world. Our country's ideals are well known but the USA flag is the greatest display for these ideals. The Rising Sun 4X4 Club of Colorado is well known and respected and very visible in our wheelin' world. The forum has many people who view it everyday. Therefor we as club members must always be conscious and aware that what is said and displayed speaks volumes for who we are and what we believe in. The little slips are noticed. My respect and honor for our country, those who keep us in good stead, those who fight for our freedom and above all the colors of the flag of the United States of America are the most important.

Thank you,
Old 08-15-2017, 07:58 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
Pretty frustrated by the turn of this thread. Everyone needs to grow up. Act like adults. Cause that's where we are at.

By the looks of it everyone acted like adults & simply had a big boy conversation; as expected with this club.

Travis Hurley- Founder/Owner
Outer Limit Supply | 720-987-4202
Est. 2014 | Littleton, Colorado
www.outerlimitsupply.com
www.outerlimitsupply.com | travis@outerlimitsupply.com
Old 08-16-2017, 06:13 AM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja1d View Post
By the looks of it everyone acted like adults & simply had a big boy conversation; as expected with this club.

www.outerlimitsupply.com

I have to disagree. Why didn't Steve or UB come to Travis or myself personally before openly criticize a fellow club member (active one at that)? Lot of unnecessary drama. Yes. I get not liking our county flag being shown disrespect. And maybe I should have posted a different pic. But, other than that pic that has been taken down, I didn't see any time during the trip that Travis was being disrespectful to it.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 08-16-2017, 06:29 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Perry, your entitled to your opinion. This may have been handled they way you suggested if it was in the "Members Only" section of our forum. However, since it was posted in the public section there's no telling who viewed it. IMO, Crash & UB's comments were very pointed but also directed to those that may not be apart of the R/S Club...especially in our current climate.

I'd encourage you to not take it personally but think a little more globally- We have know idea who saw that picture & first impressions go along way. Thank you for pulling it down.

This will be my last comment regarding this... The run looked amazing & I sincerely wish I could have joined you guys. Hopefully one of these days.

www.outerlimitsupply.com
www.outerlimitsupply.com | travis@outerlimitsupply.com
Old 08-19-2017, 09:15 PM
Rising Sun Member

Im so glad to see that Hayden Pass is open. I had heard it was closed to vehicles. Wish I had been there, looks like a great trip.
2000 4 Runner, my daughter's truck, thanks Dan!
2013 F-150 "Black Ops"
Old 08-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja1d View Post
Perry, your entitled to your opinion. This may have been handled they way you suggested if it was in the "Members Only" section of our forum. However, since it was posted in the public section there's no telling who viewed it. IMO, Crash & UB's comments were very pointed but also directed to those that may not be apart of the R/S Club...especially in our current climate.

I'd encourage you to not take it personally but think a little more globally- We have know idea who saw that picture & first impressions go along way. Thank you for pulling it down.

This will be my last comment regarding this... The run looked amazing & I sincerely wish I could have joined you guys. Hopefully one of these days.

www.outerlimitsupply.com
It's kind of hard not to take it personally when the generation that raised yours claims your entire generation was raised without respect.
I understand the polarity of the subject and would wholeheartedly agree about most of the rest if the mishap was intentional. I do agree more care should be taken with old glory.
My point is why could it not have been said that way. Rather than smearing a highly active member of the club and alienating the entire future of the club.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk