Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 03-23-2016, 11:53 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
Welcome X001AM! What's your name? Indeed SCG is the epicenter of the event and where you'll have the opportunity to mingle and meet with hundreds of other Toyota 4x4 enthusiasts.
My name is Rob. We spoke on the phone just the other day Jeff. Thanks for helping me pick my trails for the week.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Wincher

Default Newbie

I finally made the commitment and registered. I will be there this year, hell or high water.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:22 AM
Rock Stacker

Will anyone be bringing a swr meter to tune in cb antennas? And be willing to show me how to use it?
Old 03-28-2016, 05:51 AM
Wincher

Default cb radio

I'll bring one and hook up with you at cruise moab.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:52 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tancruiser View Post
I'll bring one and hook up with you at cruise moab.
Thanks!
Old 03-28-2016, 09:47 PM
Rising Sun Member

This will be my first Cruis Moab as well. Very excited.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:11 PM
Cruise Moab Chairman & RS Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDane View Post
This will be my first Cruis Moab as well. Very excited.
I first joined Rising Sun in 1999, wanted to connect with some guys that would help me learn how to wrench on my 40. Next thing I knew, they were talking me into wheeling and Cruise Moab. I went along and on my first trail I was like "You want me to drive up that?!?!?!? (pointing to a straight up huge slickrock hill)"

So I went and had the time of my life. The camaraderie, the adventures, the wheeling, the wrenching (yeah we do break stuff but it is the best place to break stuff with the parts and expertise amongst the people there), and the incredible beauty of the nature of that area in Utah.

Since then, I have become trail leader, served on the committee and now chair the committee, and the reason I work so hard on the committee, and I know I speak for all of us on the committee, is that permagrin we put on your face when you scale that huge obstacle that you looked at just like I did my first time...

You want me to drive up THAT????
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 03-29-2016, 10:46 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
I first joined Rising Sun in 1999, wanted to connect with some guys that would help me learn how to wrench on my 40. Next thing I knew, they were talking me into wheeling and Cruise Moab. I went along and on my first trail I was like "You want me to drive up that?!?!?!? (pointing to a straight up huge slickrock hill)"

So I went and had the time of my life. The camaraderie, the adventures, the wheeling, the wrenching (yeah we do break stuff but it is the best place to break stuff with the parts and expertise amongst the people there), and the incredible beauty of the nature of that area in Utah.

Since then, I have become trail leader, served on the committee and now chair the committee, and the reason I work so hard on the committee, and I know I speak for all of us on the committee, is that permagrin we put on your face when you scale that huge obstacle that you looked at just like I did my first time...

Leanne and I still get that grin when we think of CM '02 when we drove my bone stock 40 out there and did not know a single person. You, Ige, Robbie, etc welcomed us like family, and got us up over those obstacles!

1978 FJ-40
1974 FJ-55 w/ 3FE

TLCA #10713

CO/WY Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club - Click Here!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Hayek View Post
I'll be attending for the first time. Coming from Annapolis, Maryland along with a contingent from the Capital Land Cruiser Club. I'll be driving a mildly modified 1990 FJ62, and I'll have my wife and two girls along for the fun.

My girls will be 7 and not quite 5 at the time. Do many children normally attend?
I brought my Children before they could drive. Then taught them to offroad before they had their licenses. Once they had their own rigs they would come out with me in a Caravan. They both drive better than a lot of the guys since they learned early

They will both be there this year. They are now 25 and 28 with homes of their own. Look for the Red 200, followed by the white 100 with a 2002 4runner taking up the rear and that will be the Romer Caravan
16 RX450
16 Kimberley Karavan

Old 03-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:

The snow run I went on in January was my first with Rising Suns. My truck was still stock and I didn't have the best tires for it. I had only had it a couple weeks. I still had a great time thanks to people like Andy and felt very welcome. It took a little winching but I got further than most stock trucks running highway tires ever would. I'm already convinced this is a great group and can't wait to meet and get to know more of the guys (& gals).

Though I've never driven in Moab, I'm not concerned about the slick rock. You've got some great experience in this group. And I'be much more comfortable with what this truck can do.