Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > Vendor Market Place

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 08-13-2014, 02:05 PM
PabloCruise's Avatar
PabloCruise PabloCruise is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern CO
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
FJ55 Glovebox door handles. Former Rising Sun member and current Horsetooth member TJ Scholand has sold about 15 of these on Mud.
Uh-oh, I better get down there to a meeting and pay my dues! I'd like that to read "current Rising Sun member". How did it get to be August already?!?

Jeff did indeed make up two batches of these for me and the Iron Pig community has been enthusiastic about them!

Thanks Jeff...
__________________
TJS K0TNP

1978 FJ-40
1974 FJ-55 w/ 3FE

TLCA #10713

CO/WY Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club - Click Here!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Rzeppa's Avatar
Rzeppa Rzeppa is offline
Cruise Moab Chairman & RS Secretary
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kittredge CO, USA
Posts: 6,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloCruise View Post
Uh-oh, I better get down there to a meeting and pay my dues! I'd like that to read "current Rising Sun member". How did it get to be August already?!?

Jeff did indeed make up two batches of these for me and the Iron Pig community has been enthusiastic about them!

Thanks Jeff...
Of course you can always come to the Rally on the 23rd, or if you don't want to make the drive we take Paypal or you could mail a check. Renewing members don't have to go through the voting stuff or the secret handshake...
__________________
Jeff Zepp
Kittredge CO USA
1971 & 1976 FJ40s, 1978 FJ45, 1987 FJ60
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-14-2014, 06:28 PM
PabloCruise's Avatar
PabloCruise PabloCruise is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern CO
Posts: 2,627
Default

The Rally sounds good! Barring any major disruptions I'll be there w/ a dues check.

I'll bring my original fixed window rubber for you to take a look at as well. If you can replicate the OEM, it will save some headaches. It is nice that there is currently an option, but it is not perfect. :-(
__________________
TJS K0TNP

1978 FJ-40
1974 FJ-55 w/ 3FE

TLCA #10713

CO/WY Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club - Click Here!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-14-2014, 08:06 PM
rover67's Avatar
rover67 rover67 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boulder, Co
Posts: 6,763
Default

If ya want me to try and model something let me know.
__________________
Marco Capote
KDØGWX
85 FJ60
82 FJ40
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-14-2014, 11:55 PM
simps80's Avatar
simps80 simps80 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 1,531
Default

Jeff,
When working on the seats we found a plug in one if the headrest holes.

Doing some research I found that in 76 headrests were an option and if you didn't get them the slots were plugged...
So...
I wonder if this is something that could be made?

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/did-....481172/page-2

Name:  plug2.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  plug1.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  34.7 KB

It's kind of rubbery...I dont know..I just think it would be cool.
Maybe I can bring it in and see what you think.
__________________
Mike | KØSMP |
1997 fzj80 | 1976 FJ40 | 1965 FJ45lpb | TLCA # 20038
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-15-2014, 01:09 AM
Rzeppa's Avatar
Rzeppa Rzeppa is offline
Cruise Moab Chairman & RS Secretary
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kittredge CO, USA
Posts: 6,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simps80 View Post
Jeff,
When working on the seats we found a plug in one if the headrest holes.

Doing some research I found that in 76 headrests were an option and if you didn't get them the slots were plugged...
So...
I wonder if this is something that could be made?

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/did-....481172/page-2

Attachment 38211

Attachment 38212

It's kind of rubbery...I dont know..I just think it would be cool.
Maybe I can bring it in and see what you think.
Of course we can make that
__________________
Jeff Zepp
Kittredge CO USA
1971 & 1976 FJ40s, 1978 FJ45, 1987 FJ60
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Romer's Avatar
Romer Romer is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Englewood, Colorado
Posts: 8,004
Default

How about 40 dash control knobs with different names on them like "AC Pull" in place of Fresh Pull and one that's says "Heat Pull"

Might have a few others as I have a blank spot and two switches ( Fan and Choke) that are no longer used. Maybe AUX Lights, AIR, R- Diff and F-Diff

That should cover all the things I can think of. Guess I should go see if the switches Knobs screw on the same as the pull knobs
__________________
Ken Romer - K0ROM
14 URJ200
77 FJ40
16 RX450
16 Kimberley Karavan

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-16-2014, 08:30 PM
AxleIke's Avatar
AxleIke AxleIke is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 4,406
Default

Can't believe I missed this before. How about other OEM style switch covers? Something where we could go pull a switch from the yard, pull the cover, and have a FR diff lock or Compressor switch using a stock unit?
__________________
Isaac

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-16-2014, 11:46 PM
Rzeppa's Avatar
Rzeppa Rzeppa is offline
Cruise Moab Chairman & RS Secretary
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kittredge CO, USA
Posts: 6,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
How about 40 dash control knobs with different names on them like "AC Pull" in place of Fresh Pull and one that's says "Heat Pull"

Might have a few others as I have a blank spot and two switches ( Fan and Choke) that are no longer used. Maybe AUX Lights, AIR, R- Diff and F-Diff

That should cover all the things I can think of. Guess I should go see if the switches Knobs screw on the same as the pull knobs
That's pretty easy. All we need are the dimensions and requested labels.
__________________
Jeff Zepp
Kittredge CO USA
1971 & 1976 FJ40s, 1978 FJ45, 1987 FJ60
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Rzeppa's Avatar
Rzeppa Rzeppa is offline
Cruise Moab Chairman & RS Secretary
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kittredge CO, USA
Posts: 6,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Can't believe I missed this before. How about other OEM style switch covers? Something where we could go pull a switch from the yard, pull the cover, and have a FR diff lock or Compressor switch using a stock unit?
Hi Isaac,

Send me an existing object like TJ did with his broken glovebox door handle, and we can measure it and make a 3D model of it, then customize it in whatever way you wish. Then we can fabricate it in 3D printing.

Alternatively, send me your 3D model and we'll build it in whatever material or color you want.

Definition: A 3D model is a computer file that defines a 3D object - *.STL is the universal language of 3D printing, but if you design it in Solidworks or any number of other 3D CAD programs we can easily work with that also.
__________________
Jeff Zepp
Kittredge CO USA
1971 & 1976 FJ40s, 1978 FJ45, 1987 FJ60
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.