Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 05-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
Yikes! To be sure, their rates are around double what they were a couple years ago (going by memory rather than documentation), but yeah they are a lot more than they used to be. On the way out I asked about a AAA discount and the person manning the front desk said the discount did not apply for dates for "events".
Odd, they did give me the AAA discount.

Service seems to vary at whim, I called and wanted to pay my >$500 balance ahead of time and was told they were slammed busy and to call back in 30 minutes... 2 minutes later Perry was calling asking me why I hadn't paid yet, he was standing in the lobby at the counter and was the only customer in sight.
Andy | Longmont | TLCA#22354
Follow CRUISE MOAB on Facebook
-1999 UZJ100 -Black, Ever Evolving, now with SLEE SHOCKS!!
-2001 Tacoma 2.7L Reg Cab 4x4 -Silver,my DD/all purpose truck, mild build so far.

-Kilo-Delta-Zero-Tango-Quebec-Tango-
Old 05-17-2017, 06:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

I didn't get my AAA discount either.
99 F350 reserve hauler
03 F350 crew cab dually the bigger hauler
04 Lance 1121
90 fastiva r.i.p. 336k
01 vw golf daily driver Gone
01 Tacoma double cab
KDDHQ
Old 05-17-2017, 10:31 PM
Rising Sun Member

When I was able to confirm my days off from work Slickrock was already full according to the website. When I got to Moab I asked for the heck of it and was told there was no way even after saying I was there for the event. However a couple days later was kicked from a parking spot under a tree (not a campsite). Was just there hanging out. The same employee that told me there was no availability sold the parking spot to a couple in a camper van. I was told they weren't the only ones let in for the weekend as walk ins.
IMO slickrock is overpriced and has poor customer service. If they aren't willing to work with Rising Suns maybe one of the other Campgrounds will.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:19 PM
Vice Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDane View Post
When I was able to confirm my days off from work Slickrock was already full according to the website. When I got to Moab I asked for the heck of it and was told there was no way even after saying I was there for the event. However a couple days later was kicked from a parking spot under a tree (not a campsite). Was just there hanging out. The same employee that told me there was no availability sold the parking spot to a couple in a camper van. I was told they weren't the only ones let in for the weekend as walk ins.
IMO slickrock is overpriced and has poor customer service. If they aren't willing to work with Rising Suns maybe one of the other Campgrounds will.
It's tough to find a space that suits our needs and has a campground right next door for a "reasonable" price. Everything in moab is getting out of hand. Slick rock is also one of the few in town that doesn't care if we work on our rigs. Kind of between a rock and a hard place. I'll let committee members chime in, but I know that it's a question if this place will continue to be available. Developers surely want that land.

I'm not defending their behavior, just adding a different perspective.

2008 mall cruiser - aka Black Beauty - ramps good
1994 fzj80 - nearly 500,000 miles young - thrasher rig
84 FJ60 low gears, locked, fun, rebuilt-2FE - gone
1995 Toyota Camry, 4x4 at heart

"In God [i] trust. All others, bring data"
-E. Deming
Old 05-18-2017, 08:34 PM
Cruise Moab Chairman & RS Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDane View Post
It is tough, and on behalf of the committee I apologize. Every year we strive to improve the event, and that includes re-examining headquarters. In 2005, Dave Brown went out to Moab and scouted out every RV park in town and came back to the committee with a report. He talked to park owners, checked out capacities, and observed layout and location. Some were too small, others wouldn't let us work on out rigs. One was a mosquito haven. After much discussion, we tried Spanish Trails in the south part of town. There some pluses and minuses, and as a committee we decided we didn't want to go back there. Similarly, the 2010 committee tried Area BFE. That was a grand experiment, and once again, as a committee we decided we didn't want to try that again. But every year, we listen to feedback from participants, and re-evaluate what we believe will offer the best experience for our participants, and of course we will do that again later this month when we have our close out meeting.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 05-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps8460 View Post
It's tough to find a space that suits our needs and has a campground right next door for a "reasonable" price. Everything in moab is getting out of hand. Slick rock is also one of the few in town that doesn't care if we work on our rigs. Kind of between a rock and a hard place. I'll let committee members chime in, but I know that it's a question if this place will continue to be available. Developers surely want that land.

I'm not defending their behavior, just adding a different perspective.
I hear that. It does seem tough to get a spot in Moab. KOA was full months ahead too. I'm sure it's difficult with a group that large as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk