Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northside
Posts: 13,942
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Matt, what did you decide/find? Spotted this on E-bay...
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Hulk's Avatar
Hulk Hulk is offline
Disappointing
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Side!
Posts: 12,375
Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Matt, what did you decide/find? Spotted this on E-bay...

That's a good find! I think I will email him and see if he'll just sell me the coupler by itself.

I decided to finish the install and run it for a bit before I do any more service. There is no particulate matter in the oil that I removed and there is no "play" when turning the pulley. It was running fine on the donor Cruiser.

I'm almost finished with the install, but I hurt my shoulder about a week ago and that's put a temporary hiatus on wrenching. My shoulder seems to be getting better, slowly. My wife is looking for a specialist doctor to go see about this. I've been in a lot of pain -- so much that I didn't go on the pre-run to Moab this last weekend.
__________________
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Rising Sun Webmaster
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-15-2010, 12:12 PM
wesintl's Avatar
wesintl wesintl is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in da house
Posts: 8,039
Send a message via AIM to wesintl
Default

bummer.. did you try http://www.shcdenver.com/Home/tabid/9435/Default.aspx


I'll be there today getting an mri on my knee
__________________
See you on the trail
WREK
Couple o' FJ40's, BJ70, PZJ77, UZJ100, TDI 66FJ40,82FJ60,97FZJ80
TLCA#4180
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM
corsair23's Avatar
corsair23 corsair23 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Littleton
Posts: 8,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I'm almost finished with the install, but I hurt my shoulder about a week ago and that's put a temporary hiatus on wrenching. My shoulder seems to be getting better, slowly. My wife is looking for a specialist doctor to go see about this. I've been in a lot of pain -- so much that I didn't go on the pre-run to Moab this last weekend.
If you need some help wrapping stuff up, let me know...I don't have a lot of free time lately but we could probably pull a couple late night wrenching sessions - And with you providing instructions on what needs to be done and supervising, how badly could I screw things up
__________________
Jeff Z. (the "not quite as skinny" one)
TLCA #17037
'07 UZJ100
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Hulk's Avatar
Hulk Hulk is offline
Disappointing
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Side!
Posts: 12,375
Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default

So my arm has slowly gotten better, so I decided to go back to the garage and make it worse again. I completely finished all the SC parts, vacuum and coolant hoses and wiring. Here's what I have left:
  • Install 3" hoses from the air cleaner assembly to the throttle body.
  • Reinstall battery box and battery.
  • Install serpentine belt and tighten up other belts.
  • Fill with coolant.
  • Run for a bit and add transmission fluid
Here's my problem: I cannot get the 3" hose to fit over the MAF sensor housing. The hose needs to stretch some to make it over the lip. I have the Landtank housing, which may make this harder -- dunno.

I put some dish soap on there to help make it slide on, but it still won't fit. It's like trying to put a bicycle tire on a wheel that's too big for the tire.

Any suggestions?
__________________
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Rising Sun Webmaster
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northside
Posts: 13,942
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
So my arm has slowly gotten better, so I decided to go back to the garage and make it worse again. I completely finished all the SC parts, vacuum and coolant hoses and wiring. Here's what I have left:
  • Install 3" hoses from the air cleaner assembly to the throttle body.
  • Reinstall battery box and battery.
  • Install serpentine belt and tighten up other belts.
  • Fill with coolant.
  • Run for a bit and add transmission fluid
Here's my problem: I cannot get the 3" hose to fit over the MAF sensor housing. The hose needs to stretch some to make it over the lip. I have the Landtank housing, which may make this harder -- dunno.

I put some dish soap on there to help make it slide on, but it still won't fit. It's like trying to put a bicycle tire on a wheel that's too big for the tire.

Any suggestions?
Are you by chance using the wrong hose? I do not remember that being a challenge.
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Romer's Avatar
Romer Romer is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Englewood, Colorado
Posts: 7,989
Default

Could be because it's cold. Warm up your oven to say 125F and put the hose in their for a bit
__________________
Ken Romer - K0ROM
14 URJ200
77 FJ40
16 RX450
16 Kimberley Karavan

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Mendocino's Avatar
Mendocino Mendocino is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Side
Posts: 1,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
So my arm has slowly gotten better, so I decided to go back to the garage and make it worse again. I completely finished all the SC parts, vacuum and coolant hoses and wiring. Here's what I have left:
  • Install 3" hoses from the air cleaner assembly to the throttle body.
  • Reinstall battery box and battery.
  • Install serpentine belt and tighten up other belts.
  • Fill with coolant.
  • Run for a bit and add transmission fluid
Here's my problem: I cannot get the 3" hose to fit over the MAF sensor housing. The hose needs to stretch some to make it over the lip. I have the Landtank housing, which may make this harder -- dunno.

I put some dish soap on there to help make it slide on, but it still won't fit. It's like trying to put a bicycle tire on a wheel that's too big for the tire.

Any suggestions?
What happened to having your friends come help?
__________________
Jeff
03 UZJ100 (2.5" OME/Slee suspension), LEDs, cross drilled and slotted rotors by PowerStop, and some other goodies.
75 FJ40; 355 HP/405 FP torque/ fuel injected ZZ4; 700R4 tranny, Orion, ARBs F&R, armored, winch, ...; and now weighing in at 4370 lbs.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Hulk's Avatar
Hulk Hulk is offline
Disappointing
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Side!
Posts: 12,375
Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Are you by chance using the wrong hose? I do not remember that being a challenge.
It's the right size hose (3"). You probably just know what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Could be because it's cold. Warm up your oven to say 125F and put the hose in their for a bit
That's a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendocino View Post
What happened to having your friends come help?
Just being prideful and stupid, I guess. My original goal was to do the whole thing myself. With the finish line in sight, I wanted to go the distance.
__________________
Matt Farr, Centennial, Colorado | Rising Sun Webmaster
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-20-2010, 09:50 PM
wesintl's Avatar
wesintl wesintl is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in da house
Posts: 8,039
Send a message via AIM to wesintl
Default

that's good cause i'm not helping you with your hose

__________________
See you on the trail
WREK
Couple o' FJ40's, BJ70, PZJ77, UZJ100, TDI 66FJ40,82FJ60,97FZJ80
TLCA#4180
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.