Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > For Sale + Help > For Sale / Wanted

Old 06-14-2015, 11:26 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Wanted - FJ60 or FJ62

Hey there guys,

I'm a high school student who's been saving long enough to finally buy an FJ60 or an FJ62.

I'm looking for something that will function as a daily driver, with minimal engine work required. I'm okay with rust, beat up interior, anything like that. Honestly, not looking for any kind of mint Land Cruiser. Just something that starts and runs. The goal would be to convert the back into a sleeping platform and drive through Washington and Oregon next summer.

My price range for a Cruiser that needs a little TLC is only about $3,000. I'd be interested to hear if you've got any other models you think would be suitable for my needs.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:05 AM
Rising Sun Member

How quickly are you looking for one?

I've got a rusty, multicolored 60 that runs very nicely that I intend to sell one of these days. But I need to remove the suspension (put stock springs back on) and tires (I'm taking the 33's from it) before I can let it go.

So I'll throw it out there that I'll be looking to divest myself of something like you are thinking about in the near future.

Dan
Old 06-15-2015, 12:22 AM
Rock Stacker

This is definitely not a pressing issue - I'm comfortable waiting until the end of 2015 if needed for the right FJ60 to come along. I'd be perfectly willing to buy sooner, but anyone who'd need time to part out their car wouldn't be excluded.

I figured this forum would be a much better resource than eBay with far more knowledgeable owners, I'm just hoping I can find anything that happens to work.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:09 AM
Hard Core 4+

Search the Colorado Craigslist daily and I'm sure you'll find one. They come up regularly. You'll increase your odds of getting a good one if you can save up another couple thousand bucks.

Here's one for $3500

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5074446349.html

60's are the best for camping and road tripping, but they won't win any races. Good luck with the search!

'85 FJ60
'91 Pickup
Old 06-15-2015, 09:55 AM
Rising Sun Member

Take your time and look at Craigslist every day... One will pop up.

I picked up mine for $2600. Zero rust, running and driving, with a 5 speed. Just needed deep cleaning and smog stuff sorted out.

My brother picked up his for even less than that with minor reassembly required and a fully rebuilt motor, trans and transfer case with zero miles on them.

Good luck on your hunt! The past couple weeks there has been a couple 60's floating around on the denver and high rockies list for around $2000
77 VW Beetle
86 XR600 Stretched. Lowered. Hardtailed

Long live the carburetor!

Tags
fj60, fj62, land cruiser, wanted, wtb