Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 08-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Rock Stacker

Exclamation My Wedding To A 2lt Officer In The Us Army

HELLO!!! I was told to join this club by Rocky Mountain Cruisers!!! My name is Nicole Seneca and I am engaged and getting married in less than one month to Dane Dyk in Denver, CO. My fiance is currently serving the military in the US ARMY as an officer and on September 15th were tying the knot! I would love to surprise him with having his dream car (( an FJ -40)) be our get away car after the reception. Does anyone know where I could rent one for a reasonable price??? I just want to make this day special for him as well!!!! Could any one help me???

(Dane loves four wheeling and is a great driver-he currently has a lifted 91 two door chevy tahoe)

Anyways if anyone could help me this would mean the world to the both of us.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Rising Sun Member

So... are you looking for a chauffer in an FJ40 to drive you guys from the reception to a hotel? Or wedding to reception, or both? I must say Nicole you show a lot of class..

I bet that someone here could help you out though, any particular color preference? And are you looking for a mostly stock truck, or a built-up rock crawler?

05 525EXC, 06 TW200, 89 TW200, 09 TTR125, 07 TTR90

www.gamiviti.com

Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

x2 on what Nakman says - VERY cool idea

More details would be helpful. Is the fiance in love with stock FJ40s or built up rigs? Color likes/dislikes, year, hardtop, soft top, bikini top, or no top at all? (on the rig that is )

I don't know of anywhere that you can just rent a FJ40 but you might be able to work out a deal with a FJ40 owner on here to loan you their rig. My other thought is Stevenson Toyota has an uber FJ40 in their showroom. I don't know if they would let it out of their site but a quick call to the manager with what you are trying to do might convince them to loan you the 40 for a couple hours (guarded by an armed security guard I'm sure )
TLCA #17037
'07 UZJ100
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Rock Stacker

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I really appreciate this.

Dane loves old Fj's...his dream one would be all rigged out, but if we could just get an old stock FJ I am sure he would be excited about that too!

As for the color that doesn't really matter so much.......

And as far as having someone drive us around...I guess I didn't really think about that! I am sure Dane would wanna drive it! BUT I guess that technical stuff could all be worked out.

Thanks guys for helping me out. Any more details I should figure out? I am really flying blind doing this!
Old 08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Rock Stacker

oh and as for hard top soft top? I wish I knew more.I could ask him in a sneaky way or something hahaha? No top sounds fun though!

And do you all know anyone that might let us borrow their rig for a coupld hours? I know that probably sounds weird, but we are honest people! And we can pay and sign papers and all that! His parents live in Denver, Co and his dad is a pastor and mom a teacher at Denver Christian!

Anyways thanks again.And anything else i should try to figure out?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Hard Core 4+

Rather than borrow or rent a 40, why not buy one and fix it up for him? That would make for a great wedding surprise, don't you think? Seriously, you can find them cheaper than you think and Rising Sun is a great resource if you need parts, have questions, etc.

Congrats and welcome.

'85 FJ60
'91 Pickup
Old 08-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Rock Stacker

I wish I could-I really do, but military pay isn't great and being a new couple we have alot ahead of us. But just out of curiosity how much are they? Plus it is only a month away. If you have suggestions please let me know!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

Prices are aver the place. Anywhere from $1000 for a project to $20,000 for a nice restoration.

Here's a deal right in Boulder:

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/396271365.html

We'll keep our eyes open for you if you're interested, and someone could probably take a look at something local if you need an opinion.

'85 FJ60
'91 Pickup
Old 08-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Rising Sun Member

Hey Tim...Maybe you should set up a test drive of your FJ40

Say for Saturday September 15th?
TLCA #17037
'07 UZJ100
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 08-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Rock Stacker

well thank you so much for that. and i wish we could do that. but i just graduated college about two months ago and so making that purchase will have to wait a couple years. i wish icould do that for him!!!! i just really hope someone can hlep me find an FJ to rent for the night or so. its just he works so hard right now with the military were hardly seeing each other and i just really want to do something special for him on our wedding.