Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 01-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindranger View Post
Portland went the route of allowing camping on public land within the city limits. It turned into an absolute ****show. It ended up increasing the homeless population in town because it caused a migration of new people into the city. Unless there is an equal ramp up in homeless support services I would highly discourage making camping within the city more enticing.
screw that...let them camp in the city. i don't go into the city and i don't want them in the woods where i do go
ige tlca #1431
62 fj40
65 fj45
71 fj55
78 fj55
95 fzj80
96 fzj80
Old 01-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
There's truth to it, but I believe Washington state legalized it as the same time. I wonder if they have the same problems. There's always been a transient draw to Colorado and I don't think the people around Nederland really cared about the legal status.
but issues with transient camps increased after the legalization. out of town stoner transients almost burned nederland down last year.
ige tlca #1431
62 fj40
65 fj45
71 fj55
78 fj55
95 fzj80
96 fzj80
Old 01-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSN View Post
one of them came up to me and lifted his shirt to show a pistol stuffed in the front of his pants, and I was thinking WTF.
"Brandishing" a firearm is illegal and law enforcement could legitimately have been called after you safely got the heck away as you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1554 View Post
Sorry guys I didn't read the whole thread. How many people died in the article? How many guns do I need to bring?
So many, its amazing, bring hundreds!
Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
"Brandishing" a firearm is illegal and law enforcement could legitimately have been called after you safely got the heck away as you did!
I thought about it and did take pictures of his Jeep and license plate, but to be honest I got so distracted pulling out the guy and his wife in their Sequoia and another stuck 4runner I didn't think much about it until later that night. I figured if there was any reports of something bad happening that weekend I'd report it then, but in hindsight I probably should have reported it either way.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Hard Core 4+

I've spoken to a few of the transients that have crossed my path in the past. All of them had cell phones, bank cards and some had money raising gimmicks like 'homeless vet with pet' or go fund me pages. Fort Collins has a large population in and around the town. The rivers and streams around Pueblo, Colorado Springs and Manitou are full of them. Try walking through the brush on the far side of the Colorado River in Glenwood Springs.

I've never been threatened by one. All of the camps I've walked through were either empty because they saw me coming or they were gone when I came back. My wife and I gave one a ride from FL to NC on our way back to MD. Apart from smelling like a sour sock seeped in sewage we had no problems with him.

If you've seen that Into the Wild movie or read the book his sister wrote you have a good picture of who a lot of these idiots are. They're "living free" by choice. If they had trust funds they'd be hopping hostels around the world. Instead, they panhandle or steal to meet their needs here in our beautiful mountain state with 300+ sunny days a year and the finest weed in the country.

"If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone."

"We shall meet in a place where there is no darkness."
Old 01-14-2018, 09:54 PM
Rock Stacker

If you think it's easy living rough on the streets of Colorado you're sorely mistaken. Most that I talk to are disabled vets that don't have anything except perhaps a shopping cart full of old blankets and tarps.

Last edited by GV27; 01-15-2018 at 10:45 AM.