Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 02-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Rising Sun Member

How much tongue weight does the tralier have now when it's loaded and towing well?
82 FJ40
Old 02-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Gas accumulation in the camper make go boom...
I'm not buying that. There's a knob on top that you turn clockwise.. when it gets tight the gas doesn't come out. If secured upright next to one of your cabinets by the door that tank will happily ride inside your camper for a few hours while you get to your camp site.. even if it did leak, there's a lot of venting in there, and as soon as you open the door it all leaks out. And your only real ignition source, the furnace, is disabled when the galley is lowered.

Who doesn't have a bunch of green cans of propane rolling around under a bench anyway.. and heck those do leak!

05 525EXC, 06 TW200, 89 TW200, 09 TTR125, 07 TTR90

www.gamiviti.com

Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Hard Core 4+

Well, yeah... and I have carried a 25 lb. bottle inside... but still not sure I'd want to have them permanently installed there.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

That's the idea though, you wouldn't store it in there, it's just for transport. You only have the bottle inside when you have a motorcycle on the tongue.. the rest of the time that bottle can sit outside the camper, at home that extends to under the BBQ, or in the garage under the space heater, etc.

Suggestion to Farnham being remove the existing propane storage altogether, and use that space for your bike. Come up with a new way to bolt the propane tank(s) to the bike carrier for those times when you camp and don't want the motorcycle, and let the tank(s) ride inside the camper on the way to camping for those times when you do.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 02-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Hard Core 4+

If it wasn't for the handlebars that might work for me too. It would, with a pickup.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Rising Sun Member

Ok so I got a little bit done this past weekend. I removed the shattered plastic piece from the front and replaced it with some plywood.. then experimented with a couple rows of flashing... pretty ghetto, I've already got a better idea but that's how it sits for now.

Inside, I rebuilt the main counter base, that was also shattered, patched the holes in the floor from the fridge and removed the grills from behind the fridge. I put the CO detector, its switch, a 12v outlet, and a 120v outlet all in the same panel, under the sink area. I needed these here instead of under the bed where they were, since my plywood front panel now doesn't have the depth of the old plastic front panel so the outlet work box won't fit, and I can't build that wall out on the inside or else the sink top won't flip down.

Took some head scratching and more than a couple cheap beers to get this far, but at least it's progress..
Attached Images

www.gamiviti.com

Old 03-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Rising Sun Member

that middle section above with the other outlet is where the microwave is going to go. Under that will be a tub that should hold most of the plates & utensils, stuff like that.. I am hoping to get the kitchen patched up this coming weekend so I can move on to more important things, like lighting.

Oh, and I ordered this flip kit tonight http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=172

www.gamiviti.com

Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Rising Sun Member

here's a good video about repacking wheel bearings.. http://www.etrailer.com/tv-repack_tr..._bearings.aspx though I am cringing when he uses the claw hammer, screwdriver, and socket on the races.. I guess it's just a trailer, right?

anyone know if Kettleson or Camping World sells grease seals? I have no idea what size I need, and figure I'd have to pop one out then take it down to get 2 new ones the same size..

www.gamiviti.com

Old 03-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
I put the CO detector, its switch, a 12v outlet, and a 120v outlet all in the same panel, under the sink area.
I know you know this but water and electricity don't mix well - Just saying because we've had our sink (actually the connections at the faucet) leak on several ocassions from a little leak to a full flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
anyone know if Kettleson or Camping World sells grease seals? I have no idea what size I need, and figure I'd have to pop one out then take it down to get 2 new ones the same size..
I'm betting Kettleson does for sure...They did the repack on my popup a couple years ago...Sharkbait knows one of the guys over there in the service department but I can't remember his name...Nice guy and once he made a connection between me, Rising Sun, and Hatfield costs came down and the amount of free/included stuff went up

Funny thing though is that they don't sell tires ...Go figure
TLCA #17037
'07 UZJ100
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 03-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Hard Core 4+

goodyear makes the best trailer tire in existence. my .02

john (johnny) henley