Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > The Bike Forum

Old 09-19-2017, 12:01 PM
Lifted

Being a weirdo Minnesotan, we raced these (studded and non) in the winter. As mentioned in the first page, these are GREAT on snow but I giggle a little when I see someone on the sidewalks here in Broomfield... Maybe it's me but I like to go fast!

You cant go fast on a road bike in the snow, these are your solution.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Rock Stacker

I love mine! I have a full suspension Salsa Bucksaw and love the hell out of it. I do agree with Dave that they are not the fastest bike around but I can say that I keep up with almost everyone I ride with as long as it's not a super technical downhill.

I ride a dirt bike all summer and when it came to cross training on my skinny tire bike I didn't always feel comfortable with how it washed out in decomposed granite and other loose terrain. The fatty rolls right over such terrain in places like Buffalo Creek area!

It puts a smile on my face and all my other buddies that take it for a spin. Now 3 years later (after my purchase) I would maybe do another bike such a the Yeti SB5+ but that's new technology and trends for ya. I honestly don't think I would but a skinny tired bike unless it was used strictly for road use.

Suggestion for anyone on-the-fence, go rent and ride a plus sized tire bike on a trail and you will see how well it climbs as well as how it handles on the downhill!

To each their own..I'm not out to break speed records. I'm out to have a great time and keep up and my one quiver bike does that just fine! :-) Happy riding folks!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:40 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneBrown View Post
I love mine! I have a full suspension Salsa Bucksaw and love the hell out of it. I do agree with Dave that they are not the fastest bike around but I can say that I keep up with almost everyone I ride with as long as it's not a super technical downhill.

I ride a dirt bike all summer and when it came to cross training on my skinny tire bike I didn't always feel comfortable with how it washed out in decomposed granite and other loose terrain. The fatty rolls right over such terrain in places like Buffalo Creek area!

It puts a smile on my face and all my other buddies that take it for a spin. Now 3 years later (after my purchase) I would maybe do another bike such a the Yeti SB5+ but that's new technology and trends for ya. I honestly don't think I would but a skinny tired bike unless it was used strictly for road use.

Suggestion for anyone on-the-fence, go rent and ride a plus sized tire bike on a trail and you will see how well it climbs as well as how it handles on the downhill!

To each their own..I'm not out to break speed records. I'm out to have a great time and keep up and my one quiver bike does that just fine! :-) Happy riding folks!
X2 on the bucksaw
I also am coming from dirt bikes
Lots of fun but not the fastest
Not much slower just not the fastest
2010 4runner
1984 Westfalia
1982 Honda Trail 110
Salsa Bucksaw
TLCA # 16767