Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Are you just getting resoled, or are there other services? My leather Garmont's are a bit worn out on the inside and also leak water in at the seams. I wonder if they can be salvaged.
Sounds like they can do a lot.

I paid $65 for a resole, and $15 for a clean and waterproof. The leather definitely look a bit better... at least to me.

Took 3 weeks including shipping back and forth and they seemed really nice. I called them about trying to make the liner stay in the boot better and it was kind-of a disaster on the phone. Sounded like she understood what I wanted, but the connection was horrible so we were having trouble understanding each other. Anyways, I also sent them an email and never heard back.. the status changed to shipped on their site and I got them a few days later. liner still the same.

anyways, I guess what I'm saying is they are nice and seem like good folks, but kinda hard to talk to. They advertise that they can fix a lot of stuff on boots, but I think they need to see them first. I think If I needed a lot of work done i'd either just go see them (which might be cool anyways) or visit the guy in Estes Park. One of the guys here at work also mentioned that there was a leather/boot shop in downtown Boulder off of Walnut near 15th. I haven't verified but I did do a quick search online that didn't turn up anything. It sounded like it was a pretty small place, so maybe a walk about would be in order.

either way I am happy with the boots, they are going to be nice for me.
82 FJ40
Old 08-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Hard Core 4+

Rocky Mt Resole is not a big operation, I think it's just Peggy most of the time.

"Hey Macarena!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Rising Sun Member

That's what I figured.

She seemed super nice.
82 FJ40
Old 08-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Hard Core 4+

Speaking of resoles, anyone tried new soles on Sidi shoes? My Dominator 5 are essentially devoid of anything resembling soles and scratching my chin on what to do.