Old 09-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Rising Sun Member

Have fun!
Old 09-25-2017, 09:31 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by krice118 View Post
Have fun!
Went through there two weekends ago Was first time through from East to West. Couple of "steep" areas on the way up to the top, but not truly steep and were not difficult.

Descent into Medano creek was steeper than expected, though also easy. Trail overall was more narrow than expected. I think that's a result of the burn in the area in recent years and aspen/locust growing like crazy and just crowding in.

Creek crossings were not an issue.

Lots of moisture this weekend. Mud looks to be a concern on the east side if it's very wet. Other than that, when dried out, it's fun and low stress with the fam. Beautiful drive. Peak runoff would present some deep water crossings!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjrblant View Post
Nice. Planning on arriving just before 1100 in the dark green LX450. I'll be on 146.460 because why not?
didn't get to go. i was going to do a quick photo shoot but the person i was supposed to photograph called me saturday morning and said they were sick. i was bummed as i really wanted to be out before having to be on the road this week. we're going to try for this coming saturday which will be a nice decompression as this is looking to be a rough week for me.

hope you guys had a good time.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

Ran Medano a couple days ago and it’s pretty dry and smooth. My wife commented that we could have taken her car which I agree with. No need for 4wd at all. Only other vehicle was a brand new Jeep Renegade, no plates yet. We saw the same Jeep later in the day as we ran Hermit Pass which surprised me but seemed to be doing fine on that bumpy road.