Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
"Tim Tebow: now officially the most famous white Bronco since OJ's truck."
I just spit my drink out onto my laptop!
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks

My 100 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

My camping trailer build up thread.

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 01-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Rising Sun Member

We ended up with some last minute tickets - what a great game.

The best part was getting my little guy out on the field!
Attached Images

1978 FJ-40
1974 FJ-55 w/ 3FE

TLCA #10713

CO/WY Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club - Click Here!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Rising Sun Member

Aw, that's awesome TJ!

05 525EXC, 06 TW200, 89 TW200, 09 TTR125, 07 TTR90

www.gamiviti.com

Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

alright this one is pretty funny

TLCA#4180
Old 01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Club Treasurer

"Denver airport openly trolls Steelers fans
By MJD | Shutdown Corner 23 hours ago

Imagine being a Steelers fan that made the trip to Denver for the wild-card game between the Steelers and Broncos. You sat there in the cold, watching your team struggle for three hours, only to tie the game at the end of regulation and give you hope until Tim Tebow crushed all your hopes and dreams with one flick of his golden wrist.

All you want to do is lick your wounds and get back home, where you can make sense of what just happened. You get to the airport, your head down, just wanting to sleep and drink the memories away on that long flight, but as you get to the gate, you're greeted with this:

A message greeting Steelers fans on their flight out of Denver

Oh, that's low, United (snicker).

I guess a little bit of gloating goes with the territory. I know many Steelers fans, and they are not the shy, shrinking violet type. I'm sure the locals at the Denver airport heard their share of trash talk as the Terrible Towels paraded into town. Just one more little indignity to take with them on the way home."

67 FJ40 LC Tan
95 FZJ80 LC Red
99 UZJ100 LC Black
00 VZN185 4Runner Highlander Jade
Old 01-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Rising Sun Member

I don't get it. The Bronco's have won some and lost some while Tebow has been quarterback. It sounds like a average quarterback to me! And it wasn't just Tebow that has won these games it was the team. I always thought it was funny this year when Orton lost games it was all Orton fault, when Tebow lost is was the teams fault - what is wrong? I think we have bigger problems next year as Quinn leaves, probably some other players, some assistant coaches and what good quarterback will be second string behind Tebow? After this I hope the best for the Bronco's and Tebow but I am waiting until next year to give my full support to the team, that is if they do good!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
It sounds like a average quarterback to me! And it wasn't just Tebow that has won these games it was the team. I always thought it was funny this year when Orton lost games it was all Orton fault, when Tebow lost is was the teams fault
I think you're spot on with Tebow being an average QB. Time will tell as he matures and see if he grows in the NFL.

As far as the second point, I think it defines the difference in a team player, and not. Tebow has never put himself in any other role, than a team member. I think that's why the Broncos are more fun to watch with the current roster.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
I don't get it. The Bronco's have won some and lost some while Tebow has been quarterback. It sounds like a average quarterback to me! And it wasn't just Tebow that has won these games it was the team. I always thought it was funny this year when Orton lost games it was all Orton fault, when Tebow lost is was the teams fault - what is wrong? I think we have bigger problems next year as Quinn leaves, probably some other players, some assistant coaches and what good quarterback will be second string behind Tebow? After this I hope the best for the Bronco's and Tebow but I am waiting until next year to give my full support to the team, that is if they do good!
I don't think thats an accurate statement. To be clear, Orton was and always will be a very average QB. He can't run and he can't throw deep, his forte is being a very accurate short and mid-range passer. His biggest issue was he is not a leader and his own team mates had no real confidence in him or his ability to bring them back once they fell behind. The Bears had essentially the same roster around Orton that they have around Cutler. The difference is with Cutler they were on the verge of going to the playoffs but under a Grossman or Orton they are just very average.

If you look at the team from the last 2 years, they had a number of good running backs and outstanding receivers that the idiot (McDaniels) traded away. Even with those personnel, Orton couldn't win. One of the reasons being he can't/won't run even when and old fat guy like me could get 6 yards and a first down. The other team knows that so they ignore him, double cover the receivers across the middle, play 1 safety deep and wait for the front 4 to sack him or have him toss it away.

Now, I don't know if Tebow will ever become the next Tom Brady or even stay in the league. Maybe, maybe not. But the single most important thing he has done this year is make the Bronco's as a TEAM believe in themselves. The result is the team as a whole, performs beyond the level of skill they have at individual positions indicates they should. That fact that he can scramble and get first downs, run outside and up the middle also makes it harder for teams to build defenses against him. That allows the others parts of the offense like the running game to succeed. I thought it was all over for him a few weeks back as it appeared the other teams had figured out how to stop him. But McCoy decided to let him play his game and they worked on his passing and we saw the results last weekend.

I don't know if Tebow is the franchise QB of the future for the Donkeys or just a flash in the pan. But I do know that, win or lose, at least they are fun to watch again.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 NOW 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock & (2) 1970 Boss 302 Mustang's THEN 69 FJ40 Buggy "Meanie", Mini-truck "Gecko" & 74 FJ40 "Blue Mule"
Old 01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

I think bronco fans have always been like that. First Bronco game I ever went to in '94 people were cheering and rooting for "John". I was kinda in disbelief and I remember it distinctly thinking wow no one it rooting for the team, just one person. All the skins games I went to people cheered for the skins, defense, etc, the team not one player. I barely every heard a go broncos.

as far a quinn he hasn't played a down in 2 years except for the preseason. While you always need a backup he's nothing special.
TLCA#4180
Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

ah, poo.

05 525EXC, 06 TW200, 89 TW200, 09 TTR125, 07 TTR90

www.gamiviti.com