Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 09-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Rising Sun Member

Dave, I wheeled with you enough to know your not a weenie. Course we did come out Camp Dick
16 RX450
16 Kimberley Karavan

Old 09-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

You can add to the adventure by turning onto the Bunce School Road. That is between Peaceful Valley campground and Camp Dick Campground.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
Dave, I wheeled with you enough to know your not a weenie. Course we did come out Camp Dick
Dave, sorry if I implied that in any way! That was definately not in my head! My reasoning behind my post was to curb drama that might prevent others from trying trails that require a bit more skill. Coney/MSV is a fun trail that as you point out does take a little more skill but thats why joining a good 4wd club with others that watch your back is supposed to be about! This trail is the very first one I ran with my 40 after I got it running a kazillian years ago! The trail was still very raw with no maintainance and after I finished it I thought I was one bad mofo! Every 4x4 I have owned since has been on it! (Including my work truck!)
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Rock Stacker

Honestly, what a great day!

I would say that the trail is technical and in the intermediate range, personally. Extremely entertaining and luckily mostly wooded, as there isnt much scenery, save a few spots, to take your eyes off the trail.

I would concur with Dave that a stock vehicle on anything less than 33s and without sliders would likely sustain some expensive damage going it alone.

I'll be adjusting my PS slider, as its now hugging my brand new cats muuuuch tighter than before...honestly, I think from the last (first, depending on what direction you come) obstacle at Camp Dick.

This was my first outing with Rising Sun and it was a blast. It was great to meet everyone and I hope to see you all more in the future, likely with the family in tow.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Rising Sun Member

It was nice to meet you Jeff> You have a nice 80. You would fit right in with the club

Here are a few more shots from Rachel and Wes. Her GX470 did great. They both said it was much smoother then her 4runner and handled the trail better. That's because it is a Land Cruiser . Land Cruiser Prado 120 series To bad you can't buy the Land Cruiser version here in the states
Attached Images

16 RX450
16 Kimberley Karavan

Old 09-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Rising Sun Member

Looks like a fun day and nice seeing you guys on the way back to boulder! I was driving Keith's 40 north as you guys buzzed passed. Thanks for the wave Ken!
82 FJ40
Old 09-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Dave, sorry if I implied that in any way! That was definately not in my head! My reasoning behind my post was to curb drama that might prevent others from trying trails that require a bit more skill. Coney/MSV is a fun trail that as you point out does take a little more skill but thats why joining a good 4wd club with others that watch your back is supposed to be about! This trail is the very first one I ran with my 40 after I got it running a kazillian years ago! The trail was still very raw with no maintainance and after I finished it I thought I was one bad mofo! Every 4x4 I have owned since has been on it! (Including my work truck!)
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I think trying to get people to use their truck is great. I made trips in the old truck because of encouragement of club members. Any Toyota on A/T tires really is capable, I dig it. You know, honestly, we saw a good number of dudes slapping 33" on their 3rd gen 4Runners following brand new Rubicons with expensive builds up there. I know I'm more conservative with my junk but I think someone considering running Coney should have a head's up that it's legit 'wheeling and the potential for damage is real. It was more difficult than I expected.

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change." -- Heraclitus

Last edited by DaveInDenver; 09-04-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
Looks like a fun day and nice seeing you guys on the way back to boulder! I was driving Keith's 40 north as you guys buzzed passed. Thanks for the wave Ken!
I was wondering who that was
16 RX450
16 Kimberley Karavan

Old 09-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Dave, you went and ran the Rubicon. Being careful is a good thing because you get to drive it home. This guy is no weenie in my book. I would wheel with you any day

I was nice seeing you and Kirsten today. Don't be a stranger
Attached Images

16 RX450
16 Kimberley Karavan

Old 09-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Kansan's going to school.

Thanks you for welcoming us along. It was a great learning experience.
Attached Images