Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 10-30-2017, 10:08 PM
AxleIke's Avatar
AxleIke AxleIke is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 4,406
Default

None too bad at all!
__________________
Isaac

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-30-2017, 11:24 PM
Rezarf's Avatar
Rezarf Rezarf is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In Uncle Ben's Shadow
Posts: 5,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
Why not save all the grief and just mount two compressors and run two hoses?
I thought of this, but for me its the journey of it too.
__________________
Rezarf <><
K0RZF
My rig... "Maude"
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks

My 100 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

My camping trailer build up thread.

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.


"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-31-2017, 03:23 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northside
Posts: 13,962
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
I thought of this, but for me its the journey of it too.
Good answer!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-31-2017, 10:04 AM
Inukshuk's Avatar
Inukshuk Inukshuk is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Airing two tires at once still effectively cuts your fill time in half!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
Now that kind of logic just takes the fun out of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
I thought of this, but for me its the journey of it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Good answer!
Should have kept quiet ....
But then I hit the "easy" button years ago and installed an ARB twin.
__________________
Daniel Markofsky - Daniel@Markofsky.com KFZJ
Denver, Colorado, TLCA # 9972, http://risingsun4x4club.org/
1993 FZJ80 "enhanced", re-built Engine, and prototype GOBI Stealth roof rack
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Rezarf's Avatar
Rezarf Rezarf is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In Uncle Ben's Shadow
Posts: 5,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
Should have kept quiet ....
But then I hit the "easy" button years ago and installed an ARB twin.
Haha! I could just buy a Corolla and make my life easier too! But there's no fun in that. I'm a tinkerer, can't shake it. I like learning and messing with everything I can get my grubby hands on. However, YOU'RE RIGHT, it would be easier.

Plus it likely cost you north of $500 bones to hit the easy button. Did I mention I'm cheap?

It stinks having Land Cruiser taste on a Samurai budget, but I make it work
__________________
Rezarf <><
K0RZF
My rig... "Maude"
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks

My 100 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

My camping trailer build up thread.

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.


"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-31-2017, 02:35 PM
AxleIke's Avatar
AxleIke AxleIke is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 4,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
Haha! I could just buy a Corolla and make my life easier too! But there's no fun in that. I'm a tinkerer, can't shake it. I like learning and messing with everything I can get my grubby hands on. However, YOU'RE RIGHT, it would be easier.

Plus it likely cost you north of $500 bones to hit the easy button. Did I mention I'm cheap?

It stinks having Land Cruiser taste on a Samurai budget, but I make it work
The ARB is pricey but fast. Engine driven is faster still. CO2 also fast. Compromises on every choice.

Nonetheless its a cool project. Just sent the Costco link to my dad. Hes been going back and forth on onboard air. This might tip him in that direction.
__________________
Isaac

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-01-2017, 09:28 AM
euroford's Avatar
euroford euroford is offline
Lifted
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville
Posts: 198
Default

I've had a couple of these for almost a year and have used them quite a bit. mostly for smaller tasks like mountain bikes or adjusting the airbags in my truck and one just lives in the back of my wifes SUV. They've worked well and have held up thus far. I have used one a couple of times to air up the F350, it took quite awhile to get the 35's from 15 to 55psi, and it got pretty hot. But they've held up quite well long term.

When using the included plug it would pop 10a fuses if i used the pumps switch. I replaced the plug with alligator clips to run it right off the battery.

I dig your idea, going to follow and maybe copy this idea.
__________________
Tim M Hovey
1950 cj3a: FJ60 Axles, brakes, and steering, Willy's
sheetmetal and a Buick engine, held together with
metal from the scrap yard glued together in a garage in
Louisville and dragged around behind a F350 Diesel.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-01-2017, 09:30 AM
Rezarf's Avatar
Rezarf Rezarf is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In Uncle Ben's Shadow
Posts: 5,444
Default

Passing on a deal here...

I just picked up two Viair 2.5 gallon tanks for $80 total on eBay. He is accepting offers but they seem to be going fast. The buy it now price is $45 with free shipping which is still a screaming deal.

He accepted an offer of $35 shipped free.

eBay Link



I figured I could add a tank to the 40 and the 100 at that price.
__________________
Rezarf <><
K0RZF
My rig... "Maude"
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks

My 100 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

My camping trailer build up thread.

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.


"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Rezarf's Avatar
Rezarf Rezarf is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In Uncle Ben's Shadow
Posts: 5,444
Default

So my next questions...

Now that I am adding a tank, do I need the check valves still, are they just a good idea and ideal or are they 100% necessary? I envision a 6' run of line to the tank.

Also, I have seen the small high pressure air line (like an ARB blue hose) being used for different things. Does this in anyway limit CFM compared to a larger normal 3/8"-1/2" shop air line? I have a lot of extra air line laying around the garage but the small high pressure stuff would route really really easy. Does it become a bottle neck in the flow of air? Again my goal is speed inflating tires.

Can anyone recommend a high quality female quick disconnect for ports on the bumpers? Quality seems to vary greatly, I'd rather buy once and cry once. I need a protective cap to keep the grime out too.

Thanks in advance.
__________________
Rezarf <><
K0RZF
My rig... "Maude"
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks

My 100 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

My camping trailer build up thread.

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.


"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northside
Posts: 13,962
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
So my next questions...

Now that I am adding a tank, do I need the check valves still, are they just a good idea and ideal or are they 100% necessary? I envision a 6' run of line to the tank.

Also, I have seen the small high pressure air line (like an ARB blue hose) being used for different things. Does this in anyway limit CFM compared to a larger normal 3/8"-1/2" shop air line? I have a lot of extra air line laying around the garage but the small high pressure stuff would route really really easy. Does it become a bottle neck in the flow of air? Again my goal is speed inflating tires.

Can anyone recommend a high quality female quick disconnect for ports on the bumpers? Quality seems to vary greatly, I'd rather buy once and cry once. I need a protective cap to keep the grime out too.

Thanks in advance.
Will the tank have pressure when the compressors are not running? There lies your answer....
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.