Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 01-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Hard Core 4+

That's what I understand as well. How deep was the snow on 1/6? Inquiring minds want to know. Guanella is right on the fringe, might have missed a bit of the snow we've been getting.

Hey, Molly, welcome! Looks like you've got an appetite for serious wheelin'. Hopefully we can lure you into club membership, eh?
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Looks like a lot of fun, if anyone has a open seat, would love to join in

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Rock Stacker

After all the wind we have had up here I am betting there is not too much snow left. I can drive up there and take a look
Old 01-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Hey, Molly, welcome! Looks like you've got an appetite for serious wheelin'. Hopefully we can lure you into club membership, eh?
Thanks Bill,

Yeah I am a total 4x4 Chika... I'm always up for some good wheeling! I was bummed I missed the Pizza run this last weekend. I have got to get my Ring and Pinion fixed before I will be wheeling my 4Runner, but my boyfriend also has a 93 4runner - and so his is the current wheeling rig So what's involed with membership? Is there a page that all that info lives on? I did not see it outright...

So if Guanella can't be cleared will the motorcycle event be moved to a different pass?

Get your 4x4 p0rn here
Old 01-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

[quote=Lysmachia;24223] So what's involed with membership? Is there a page that all that info lives on? I did not see it outright...
QUOTE]

http://risingsun4x4club.org/joinrs.asp
ige tlca #1431
62 fj40
65 fj45
71 fj55
78 fj55
95 fzj80
96 fzj80
Old 01-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
Thanks Bill,

Yeah I am a total 4x4 Chika... I'm always up for some good wheeling! I was bummed I missed the Pizza run this last weekend. I have got to get my Ring and Pinion fixed before I will be wheeling my 4Runner, but my boyfriend also has a 93 4runner - and so his is the current wheeling rig So what's involed with membership? Is there a page that all that info lives on? I did not see it outright...

So if Guanella can't be cleared will the motorcycle event be moved to a different pass?
There are club resources that can help with your R&P.
Basically you show up at a club event (this one counts) and show up at a club meeting (like, say, the Feb meeting ), pay your $50, you're in. It will help you in a lot of ways. Most of the money goes to 4x4 organizations too.

The Elephant Run is a do-or-die hard-core motorcycle event, so no, it won't be moved. It's brutal, it's a hoot, it requires a psychiatric diagnosis and a lot of shadetree engineering (sound familiar?), and it's a way cool thing to help it happen.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Rock Stacker

[quote=nuclearlemon;24227]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
So what's involed with membership? Is there a page that all that info lives on? I did not see it outright...
QUOTE]

http://risingsun4x4club.org/joinrs.asp
Cool, thanks for the 411!

Get your 4x4 p0rn here
Old 01-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Wincher

ok, so pay the membership fee then,.... How does one go about making snow chains themselves. Can it be done with a little time in the hardware shop? I would like to make this run with you all. If I dont have fr/rr lockers is it wise to just chain up one tire on the front axle and one on the rear thats doing the turning?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Hard Core 4+

I'd put a pair of chains on an axle. Front or rear. If that's what ya got. I bought a set from CarQuest that just so happened to exactly match my existing pair (woohoo!) and clipped off some links and a crosschain to make them fit snugly. They came with one camlock each, so with a Red Chili, Subzali-inspired booty fabbed tool I could crank them tight.

When I was checking around, NAPA had chains for less than $90. But not in stock (could have changed by now!) No idea as to construction, manufacture, etc. The carquest ones were almost double that, $165/pr. or so.

You might swing by NAPA and see.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
Old 01-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Hard Core 4+

BTW, you do not have to be a member to do this run of course... but it does provide benefits! (to you, not just to us... )
KDěRCH
Bio Page