Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 11-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Hard Core 4+

Oilhammer - thanks for the update. Like Jeff, I have had great results with the AALs, which are here:

https://www.amazon.com/Rancho-RS6061...WQSKHBTRRCXZKV

I never saw 2.5" of lift with the AALs, but I saw 'enough' lift and fixed the rest with slightly longer shackles.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Cruise Moab Chairman & RS Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I never saw 2.5" of lift with the AALs, but I saw 'enough' lift and fixed the rest with slightly longer shackles.
Yeah basically all I needed was enough to fit 33x10.5s without rubbing, which they gave me. Also I have to correct what I said about miles, I rechecked my mileage logs and I have put 45k miles on them over the past 13 years.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 11-15-2017, 12:01 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilHammer View Post
My previous OME springs had the flat section for the axles and the military wrap, but they weren't called "Dakar" either. I think they were a much better spring than the Dakar line.
You'd have to ask Martin to be sure, but I think the Dakars on Imelda had military wraps. The Dakars on my Tacoma don't. They do have the flat section over the spring perches, though. I never had pre-Dakar OME on the Pickup but I think it's an ongoing production change more than OME vs OME Dakar. I put the Dakars on Imelda around 2008 I think.

"Hey Macarena!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Rock Stacker

I have the 2.5 inch ome heavy duty on my 40 without issues of flex, top off it is a rough ride, top on w some gear rally's. I do not have the anti inversion shackles and have never had an issue. I don't have any lean issues either. I run 33-12.5-15 km2's and will get slight rubbing on rear innner wheel well (frame/tub) and rub on front drivers side steering linkage when at full turn. Load wise I have full size roof rack and will pack the thing to the gills with out sage. Kit has been on for 3+ years! Personally if I was todo it again I would check out dobinsons. Just put there 3 inch flexi coils and shocks on my 80 and love it. They are new to the states but been around for some time https://www.dobinsonsprings.com/inde...pension/toy-50