Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 04-02-2017, 09:35 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja1d View Post
Sure, put the thread in the members section. That's OK, I've been running Amsteel for years. About time you catch up. But seriously PM me where you source your spool. Us Durango folk have been talking about doing the same down here. I have an Warn 8274 I'm restoring and the rest of the guys are ready to make a change from steel rope.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 04-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
Sure, put the thread in the members section. That's OK, I've been running Amsteel for years. About time you catch up. But seriously PM me where you source your spool. Us Durango folk have been talking about doing the same down here. I have an Warn 8274 I'm restoring and the rest of the guys are ready to make a change from steel rope.
Corbet, be careful upgrading an older winch to synthetic line. Bill was telling us about "drum crush" and I believe he specifically mentioned the 8274. Food for thought. .
Old 04-10-2017, 09:35 AM
Rock Stacker

This event was a great opportunity to soak up some wisdom from a great experienced pro. I'm not sure what the plans are to spread that information out to others. It seems like there was some discussion about the CM clinics or what not and it appears that some of the media content has been collected for some purposes. I put together a video from the content that Greg gave me and it was to large to upload to the drop box. I thought it was worth sharing, and I dont see why it shouldn't be posted here for more of us too see. Its a private link on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMTxXUCDSag

I'll probably share it along with a trip report on the WC forum so you can check that out too if your interested. I'll link it here too when I get it up.
79 Fj40
Old 04-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Sweet video Scott!

We held back a bit because our club just held it's annual recovery night where we review all these kinds of things and we wanted to keep some of the info and tips fresh for that meeting. That was my understanding at least and now we have shared much of this with the rest of our club so no more gag order I'm aware of.
Andy | Longmont | TLCA#22354
Follow CRUISE MOAB on Facebook
-1999 UZJ100 -Black, Ever Evolving, now with SLEE SHOCKS!!
-2001 Tacoma 2.7L Reg Cab 4x4 -Silver,my DD/all purpose truck, mild build so far.

-Kilo-Delta-Zero-Tango-Quebec-Tango-
Old 04-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyseuss View Post
This event was a great opportunity to soak up some wisdom from a great experienced pro. I'm not sure what the plans are to spread that information out to others. It seems like there was some discussion about the CM clinics or what not and it appears that some of the media content has been collected for some purposes. I put together a video from the content that Greg gave me and it was to large to upload to the drop box. I thought it was worth sharing, and I dont see why it shouldn't be posted here for more of us too see. Its a private link on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMTxXUCDSag

I'll probably share it along with a trip report on the WC forum so you can check that out too if your interested. I'll link it here too when I get it up.
I didn't realize how good the 100 can wheelie! Nice video!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Agreed. Let's let people learn what we learned and make us all better wheelers.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:59 PM
Rock Stacker

Right on. Well here is the link to my trip report. You would probably need to be registered on the WC forum to see it. It covers some of the fun stuff that we did on our way to and from Grand Junction as well.

http://www.wasatchcruisers.org/vbull...ng-Trip-Report
79 Fj40