Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via Yahoo to CBone

C-Bone (not self named like George on Seinfield as Crash points out)
Was awarded the nomme de guerre when I was in the high school band . My buddies would heckle me and give me s$*t from the sidelines, yelling out obscenities to CBone--no one in the band knew who they were talking about, except me, of course. Shortly thereafter dropped the band for the woodshop wing of the school, but the name stuck.

Then, decades later I was attending Sturgis, the big biker rally in SD, camped with some great people from Oregon and Washington state, and after spending a day with them, they also came up with CBone, without knowing any previous history.

Great thread Drew...
TLCA#11073
Old 05-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

I bought my first diesel pickup truck, a Ford Powerstroke, in 1996. I used it for towing our boat through the mountains to/from Lake Powell and I needed a forum name for the Ford Diesel website so thats how I came up with MtnTrucker. As I joined more online forums for various things (Audi Club, Rising Sun, etc) I just used the same handle since I was too lazy to think up a new one.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 05-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Wincher

This is the name given to my first 40 (pictured above) by the previous owners. I don't really know why they chose that name. Then when there were too many Bruce's around I got stuck with Jethro.
Fort Collins
1997 FZJ-80
Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Rising Sun Webmaster

Lars is a nickname given to me in college. it's a refrence from the movie "caveman" with ringo starr. My first Job from college was designing an recycling outhouse for the national forest service. there was a scene in the movie where they were collecting the dinosaur dung. The name just just kind of stuck.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
My nickname in HS and to this day by some is El Jefe...But, that was taken so I went with the standby...Nothing too exciting. I love planes and the old WWII era Corsair is my favorite ever since watching "Baa Baa Black Sheep" on TV - The 23 is similarly not so exciting...My day of birth, lucky number, and the number I wore when playing soccer.
I used to watch that show religiously. my brother had one of the models of the planes that he hung above my bed.

me and a few friends were bored one day and decided that black and white wasnt' a good color for my 40 (it had been dubbed "the antichrist" by mark sobczek's wife), so we went to walmart in search of a cool color. picked a bright yellow. so bright we were seeing spots by the time we were done and once dusk came around, we found the entire hood was plastered with gnats attracted to the obnoxious color. it was "nuclearyellow" after that.

the lemon part came when we all went on a run. me in my yellow 40, kim in her purple 40, russ in his green 40 and dad in his red toy pickup. i realized we were the fruit loop troop....lemon, grape, lime and cherry.
ige tlca #1431
Old 05-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
witness George Castanza on Seinfeld, choosing the nickname T-Bone.
Man that was a good episode.

Bh4rnnr:

Combined the two things I enjoy the most

Bh= Big Head Todd and the Monsters

4rnnr= My 1987 Toyota 4runner.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 05-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Hard Core 4+

TeaCH 2 FLY
teach not tech as some have thought.

When I was doing a lot of flight instruction I got TCH2FLY as my vanity plates hoping to "advertise" my services.

I think here or MUD was the first place I ever used it as a forum name because at one time I played a lot of online FPS computer games and always used the my in-game name as my forum handle.
I was getting to old for that and so I figured it was time to retire "Indeh" (an Apache indian word meaning "the dead" and I flew the Apache helicopter in-game ... pretty clever, right ) so if any of you played Desert Combat and got smacked down by Indeh ... that was me
Old 05-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

My RS board handle is brand new, as my minitruck is my first Toyota and I felt like recreating myself. I had always laughed at the thought of Toyota calling their basic truck a HiLux (although, according to wiki, iirc. it really did have deluxe trim compared to earlier models). Hence lolux pokes fun at my minitruck's meager appointments.

Back in '94 when I was hanging out on rec.autos.4x4 and looking for fellow early bronco owners amidst the RAV4 owners, I adopted my middle name, Drew, to protect my identity somewhat. Drew Carey's show was popular at the time, so lots of folks thought I was actually him. Crazy. Drew has been my forum handle ever since -- until RS. And now I wish I could change it. I'm sure my minitruck will not be my last Toyota 4x4. I go by jacdaw on MUD, tho I only lurk there. jac, my initials; the raven, my totem; the jackdaw is an Irish member of the crow family. I'm an irish American. So it goes.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

This is a great and well overdue thread Drew! Good on ya!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Hard Core 4+

Mine is obvious.

I still have the same Jetta I have had since 1999 when I made the username.

TLCA# 19853
1982 FJ60
1991 Toyota Paseo 38MPG baby
1995 JettaGLX VR6turbo project car