Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Rising Sun Member

I think one of the things we discovered when building the raffle truck (and I'm no expert since my involvement was minimal) is that getting parts donated was great but so was having $$ donated to help cover the cost of all the misc stuff that had to be purchased.

I think it would be nice to donate a winch or something tangible that we could point to and say "Yeah, we donated that" but $$ is always an option. Oh, and just FYI that a new M12000 would run around $1500.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 06-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARGEONE View Post
It seemed like people were throwing in items quickly, but I guess if the Winch is already donated by our next meeting, we could think of something else?!!
This is a reason IMO why pulling the reigns a little and seeing what happens might be good. Let all the flurry die down and see what they need to finish the truck. Everyone will immediately think winch/slider/tires/lockers. But our raffle vehicle ended up needing stuff like a 4WD engage solenoid and gremlins sorted out at the end (and yeah, the ARB stuff to come through). So like Jeff says, cash or something else unseen could be the thing that pushes it towards completion.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
This is a reason IMO why pulling the reigns a little and seeing what happens might be good. Let all the flurry die down and see what they need to finish the truck. Everyone will immediately think winch/slider/tires/lockers. But our raffle vehicle ended up needing stuff like a 4WD engage solenoid and gremlins sorted out at the end (and yeah, the ARB stuff to come through). So like Jeff says, cash or something else unseen could be the thing that pushes it towards completion.
Maybe pledge $1000 or something to them for the last minute items?? Or just tell them to call us when they need something big...
* 99 Saab 9-3 Convertible
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig
KDTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 06-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbuck2 View Post
Maybe pledge $1000 or something to them for the last minute items?? Or just tell them to call us when they need something big...
Cash is always helpful in these situations. Probably would be well received.

We don't need to be in a hurry, but we shouldn't wait too long either.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Hard Core 4+

As several have said this is a good project to contribute to. I think we should let them know RS is in for a dollar amount and wait till the end and help where needed. Just my 2cents worth
71 FJ40 project
TLCA 13269
KVRT

" Leave the chrome at home " - Uncle Ben - Rubithon 2008
Old 06-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Rescue Tellico Ga. Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARGEONE View Post
It seemed like people were throwing in items quickly, but I guess if the Winch is already donated by our next meeting, we could think of something else?!!
I can't speak for the whole club , but I would say you are right on target with these last Few posts!!! I just helped deliver the cruiser to Atlanta Custom Creations and they are going to work up a list of things we need. They have already stepped up to the plate with all parts at their cost. We have already spotted lots of little gremlins Hoses Belts Trim etc... Everyone in the club wants to do tires, lockers ,lift , etc.etc.etc... But the few realists know we are going to need cash for things that aren't always so glamorous!!! (Like Winches.) I have heard about your clubs efforts to raise money and want to tell you all we are Rookies at this. I have been reading your forums and find lots of encouragement from the things we have read. I have been wheeling for almost 50 years now and thought the fun would go on forever. Now the sounds of closing gates seem to be everywhere! We in the Ga. Cruisers are determined to fight back however we can and want to be a bigger part of the East Coast and National wheeling preservation scene.
Guys, I want to say Thanks on behalf of all East Coast Wheelers! The Ga Cruisers out of Atlanta were the last club to Wheel Tellico OHV area before they shut the gates! I cannot tell you how depressing this is. My family has been going to Tellico since we became a family and now they have taken the area from us. My grandkids will never know the fun we have had there. I'll try to keep you informed as we proceed. Thanks Again Hendog
Old 06-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Rock Stacker

Hey Guys quick update.. We got a list of mundane needs for the fj62 from the guys at Atlanta Custom Cruisers. You can see the updated list of needs towards the top of our post. Thanks again -- Hendog
Old 06-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post
As several have said this is a good project to contribute to. I think we should let them know RS is in for a dollar amount and wait till the end and help where needed. Just my 2cents worth
Rather than just donate money, why don't we use that same amount to buy raffle tickets on behalf of the club? If the club were to win the truck, we could turn around and raffle it again for some other good cause we want to support or we could put it up for auction at next years Cruise Moab, etc.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang
Old 06-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Rock Stacker

How much do you think it would be to ship it out there?
Old 06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendog View Post
How much do you think it would be to ship it out there?
Are you getting a little ahead of yourself or are you asking about the Ebay 62 that I posted a link to yesterday? If you are wondering about the ebay 62 hit me with a pm and we can discuss it. I'm available to drive it back to the Denver area from Ohio. Old Guys Auto Transport at your service!