Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 06-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Hard Core 4+

Looked like it was a good run. Jealous!

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Rising Sun Member

Great run! Had a good time out there with all of the familiar faces and several new ones! Thanks Matt for putting it together and leading, thanks for the pizza, and thanks to everybody for making it on the run!
82 FJ40
Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Rising Sun Member

Had a blast.....

Great run with great people....can't wait to get back out there.

Thanks, Jeff for my new avatar picture....I don't know how I did that either....too much throttle I think?

Thanks Cheeseman for your expert recovery effort and to every one else who assisted.

______
Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Wow looks like a fun time, was thinking of you guys all afternoon...

Steve you are a madman.. yeah maybe a little too much throttle, then again you're still on all 4's so I guess you had it right. So that's the spot right by that tree on the way out, where you could have bypassed it to the left, right? Did it get dug out a little more than it was before?

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Great time and thanks to all!

First, I had a great time, in spite of a bit of trail damage.

Thanks to all of you. Cheeseman for getting me upright again and safely back on the trail. Thanks to all of you who provided moral (or morale) support and advice. This just gives me something to do next winter.

Lessons learned - The 40 does not handle like my 80. The learning curve is still steep, but I will be coming back for more.

Next time I will listen to Chris (Sandstorm) and take the bypass on the more "tippy" sections. Tall tires, four inch lifts and short, narrow wheelbases don't do well on radical trails.

I wish I could have stayed for the dinner, it looked like fun, but it was 11:30 by the time I got home last night. Cottonwood pass was a mess and I also learned the 40 has lousy headlights (more mods to come).

Note that I have changed my sig line name for the 40 from "Mustard Seed" to "Marmot" which is defined as a "small yellowish animal that heads for the rocks when startled".

My wife waited up for me last night. She took it all well, I think. I hope to be able to move back in later in the month. Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttubb View Post
my Wife Waited Up For Me Last Night. She Took It All Well, I Think. I Hope To Be Able To Move Back In Later In The Month. Terry
Lol

TLCA# 19853
1982 FJ60
1991 Toyota Paseo 38MPG baby
1995 JettaGLX VR6turbo project car
Old 06-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Rising Sun Member

Steve you are a madman.. yeah maybe a little too much throttle, then again you're still on all 4's so I guess you had it right. So that's the spot right by that tree on the way out, where you could have bypassed it to the left, right? Did it get dug out a little more than it was before?[/quote]

Yup that's the spot....big hole, short wheel base 40, it is a challenge. Zepp made it look easy!!!!

______
Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
So that's the spot right by that tree on the way out, where you could have bypassed it to the left, right? Did it get dug out a little more than it was before?
That's the spot.. it is dug out pretty bad right now. The entire uphill section of the "exit" route is in rough shape. Lots of "new" bypasses showing up
Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
Hey Terry, my right front fender has TWO tweaks in it from the same trail...er hit and run parking lot driver...

Thanks, Jeff. My ego is looks a lot like my right fender right now....

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Rising Sun Secretary

Send a message via Yahoo to CBone

Thanks to Matt for organizing and to the club for the great free pizza. What a great day on the trail.
TLCA#11073