Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 03-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default CPR Face Shields

Did some research on CPR face shields.

Unfortunately, the fancy shields with the insertion tubes and Microshield filters go for over $10 each. Same item in a tamper proof pouch is $12.99. Microshield CPR Face Shield

There are a couple of fairly plain shields with filters on them.

The Laerdal version would cost around $1.50 each if we buy a box of 50 for $78. Laerdal Face Shield

The RescueBreather version says it has a "true" one-way valve and it also has straps to secure behind the ears for hands free use. $3.79 each for 1. A box of 25 is $83.39, and a box of 50 is $154.99. So they are $3.00 and change, each. Rescue Breather

These cheaper masks also have options with gloves and in key chain style holders at a higher cost, around $5-$6 each.

We can get the Pocket Mask (Oro-Nasal Resuscitaion mask) from Laerdal without the barbed inlet for supplemental oxygen with no case for $7.50 each. Near as I can tell for that price you get the one-way valve but not the headstrap. I would need to confirm that. There are a variety of higher priced options with O2 inlet, soft and hard cases and with headstrap, combined with gloves, etc. Laerdal Pocket Masks

We'd probably do well with either of the cheaper ones. The Rescue Breather brand has the hands free feature, which I've never tried. If we're going to just throw these in our first aid kits that's probably the way to go. If we buy 25 we can all have 2 or 3 in our kits and probably be set for life!

The plain pocket mask might be nice for a little more money. The advantage of the pocket mask is a good fit over both nose and mouth. But it would be a little more bulky in anyone's first aid kit.

For some reason I like the looks of the Microshield unit with the insertion tube. Maybe it's because it looks just like the one they used in the video, I don't know.

BTW, AED units are under $2k. Maybe we could buy one and donate it to Bar-M or something.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Images